Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Registered Users
Debating using cloth with #2... *gasp*

I will admit (I know this is sacrilege on this site!), I am trying to decide if I want to do cloth with this baby. We were dedicated cloth-users with DD until about 6 months ago when she started using the potty some - between big girl underwear at home and sposies at her Playschool, we weren't using cloth enough to wash it as often as needed, so we just kind of tapered off with it. She's not in diapers at all anymore, so I have them stored.

We also sold our stash each time she outgrew things in order to size up, then used our BGOS and Goodmamas until they were threadbare... So I have nothing for a newbie and a huge stack of pretty worn-out OS.

Help remind me why I loved cloth so much and inspire me to do it again! What are your cloth dipe plans for this newbie? What will you be using?

Natural Birthing, BFing, Bed-Sharing, CDing, BWing, mama to wild and crazy Ruby Kate, born 3/17/09 and married to Topher... Baby boy Rowan O'Neal joining our family in February 2012!
EmmaLaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Debating using cloth with #2... *gasp*

I love not having a giant bin of diapers every week to go out to the trash, smelling up my garage esp in the summer heat. I love not having to worry about running out of diapers if we've been too lazy to go to the store when we *should* have. I love how adorable cloth diapers are, and how scrumptious they make little baby bums. I love how padded they are when they're learning to walk- fall backwards on a cloth bum and there isn't even a tear shed. Try that in a sposie and you get a wail!! Also love that I could use them to *trick* dd into thinking she was wearing a diaper, but really there was nothing stuffed in to absorb, when she was potty training. Sometimes she just needed that extra security for overnight when she first started at training- so I would just use it as a cover, over undies.

I'll never go back to sposie full-time! I do use them once in a while, if I've been super lazy with laundry and have every single diaper used [ha...yes, I've done this] or if we are hospitalized for a lengthy period [yep, have done this a few times too] or if we visit my parents- since they think general, forget about cloth, are complete biohazards and make a giant fuss over everything.

hope you decide to stick with it- it really IS better ;-)
Busy mama to Mason [Aug 06] Madison [Aug '08], Manning [Nov 09] & Mia [Sept 2011]

Solar Energy Producing, Cloth diapering [and cloth diaper boutique owner] , composting, recycling, urban cowgirl.
newtocloth07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I LOVE my cloth! We essentially switched when my oldest was about 10 months old. My second son didn't get cloth to start with because we moved right about the time he was born and went a few month without a washer and dryer, he was in cloth by 3 months. When my third came he got cloth straight away, he's never worn a sposie! It will be the same with number 4.

I have three in diapers and I can't imagine what we'd be shelling out to buy disposables, so not worth my money! If my three year old (who has Down Syndrome) and two year old don't get in gear and potty learn I may just end up with four in diapers, lol.
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I might get some prefolds or those extended tab prefolds and I love dappis, but We'll use sposies too!
Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am going to use cloth, but I have to admit I am totally overwhelmed with what to buy. I know I want to do a stash of only one or two types, I tried everything with my son and now I am a little burnt out on it all. Some days I think I am just going cheap, prefolds and econobum covers, then the next day I think I will do pockets, then hybrid, it is becoming a bit of a pain to think about it, I thought I would be more excited about building a new stash, but I am just not.
*Jazz* Mommy to Axel 5/7/09 and Samara 2/9/12 Gage 11/7/13and navy wife to Stephen(future PNP )Now blogging for The Good Life Green check it out:
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote