Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
adamandme
Registered Users

Clothes to fit newborns...

So I've seen size ''under 7lbs'' -- it looks a bit bigger than preemie, to me, but it isn't as large as newborn. Do you think this would fit the average newborn? When my son was born newborn was HUGE on him -- and he was 7lbs 14oz... so I'm wondering whether next time to try the ''under 7lbs'' size, even if the baby is bigger than that.

Advertisement

adamandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:
Re: Clothes to fit newborns...

I have never bought anything but size 0-3 months for newborns just cause I am cheap and have a ton of kids and want the clothes to last as long as I can. I would rather have bigger clothes than smaller clothes that dont fit as long. Now I did buy preemie clothes for my 4th but she was born at 36 weeks and was 4lbs 11ozs so she was really small. I still had all the 0-3 month clothes but we did have to go get some smaller one's cause let's face it, there was no way a small baby like that would fit the bigger clothes.
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd was 7 3oz at birth and she wore nb for a while. We didn't cd and she wore nb diapers until she was 6 weeks. She was also born 37 weeks on the dot. She was only 19 inches.

My DS was 8 4oz at birth and wore nb clothes for all of a week! He wore sposies also and needed size 1 around a week. He was born 39 weeks 5 days. He was also 21 in.

It really depends on if you want to. With any future children I won't be buying nb. I should be able to make it full term again.

Sent from my EVO using DS Forum
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:

I wanted to add that I did have a 9lb 2oz baby and I was super glad to have the 0-3 month clothes even if they only fit him for a month or so LOL With babys you never know what your going to get, I had him after a 6lb 9oz and a 6lb 9 1/2oz so I figured I would have another small baby, I was sure surprised.
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS was 7lbs 3oz, born at 37 weeks. I bought 1 outfit in the up to 7lb size just to take pictures in since it fit better, but otherwise it was newborn and 0-3m
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just went right to 0-3 months with my DD. That's also b/c she was 9lbs 9oz at birth. I love my lil' chunker!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, my son was tiny, only 5 lbs 9 oz when we brought him home, so we used preemie for a couple weeks. (which the tag says "up to 5 lbs) Then we used NEWBORN (by Carter's) for a while too...I think he fit into NB sleepers around 3 weeks/1 month old. He didn't start wearing 0-3 Carter's (and other brands) until he was closer to 3 months & then he didn't need 3-6 or 6-9 months until the end of their ranges either...he is a tiny guy though, still only 19 lbs at 19 months.

For #2, I'm having itty bitty preemie longies made, newborn longies, small longies, and then a small/medium custom size made too! I want to be prepared & have the $$ now & KNOW I won't have it in the middle of the holiday season!

AND finally, I believe that the newer Carter's preemie is smaller than it was when my son was born almost 2 years ago.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was 7,4 21 inches and she went down to 6,9 in the couple days after birth. I would have been thrilled to have had a size "up to 7 pounds," maybe in just one or two outfits. I'd still have stuck with 0-3 mostly, but a few well fitting outfits would have been great.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
MyKinleyBug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't buy anything smaller then 0-3 months before DD was born because I figured she'd be like my DS's and out grow newborn stuff quickly. I was WRONG, she was born at 7lbs 1oz {coming home weight was 6lbs 10oz} and almost 21 inches long and she was swimming in everything. I ended up ordering clothes from Baby GAP that were sized "up to 7lbs" that size fit perfect and she was able to wear it for the first 3 months, then we moved up to Newborn and 0-3 month sizes.

Last edited by MyKinleyBug; 06-13-2011 at 07:11 AM.
MyKinleyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
aries416
Registered Users
seller

My daughter was born at 41 weeks, but was still only 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 inches. She could wear preemie stuff for 3-4 weeks and newborn for another month after that. Then, with cds she was always right on target size wise for clothes. My son, was 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches. Preemie was too small on him at birth, but he could wear newborn for a month or so. I like having a few newborn sized outfits just so the baby has something that fits nicely when you want to show them off!