Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been up since 4AM! Whaaaa!

Another sleep problem! At first my DS wouldn't nap. Now he naps fine, and he is STTN from about 7 til about 5. I can live with 5. Over the past week or so though, it's been until 4AM, and he absolutely will not go back to sleep. I am thinking this is probably just a phase, hopefully not a long one ... but if anyone has any advice, etc, please throw it at me!

I've tried: soothing him back to sleep, letting him chill in his crib (this morning, it was for an hour, and then he stood up and started banging -- hooray!), putting him to bed later (this only seems to make him angry in the evening and then wake up even EARLIER).

He does have teeth coming in ... perpetually ... and he is just getting over an ear infection.

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
aries416
Registered Users
seller

Re: I've been up since 4AM! Whaaaa!

I don't have any advice since this has been my life for the last 2 years . My almost 3 yr old doesn't even sleep 7-5 consistently right now. She goes in phases where sleep is good and then times where sleep is not so good. When she was younger, a bad night included her being up for 4 hours from 12-4, sleeping for another hour or two, and then back up for the day. Naps/bedtime where always a battle. I've tried everything except CIO. Eventually, I just learned to live with it. Now, my almost 8 month old has days where he wakes up super early. I just can't win!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: I've been up since 4AM! Whaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
Another sleep problem! At first my DS wouldn't nap. Now he naps fine, and he is STTN from about 7 til about 5. I can live with 5. Over the past week or so though, it's been until 4AM, and he absolutely will not go back to sleep. I am thinking this is probably just a phase, hopefully not a long one ... but if anyone has any advice, etc, please throw it at me!

I've tried: soothing him back to sleep, letting him chill in his crib (this morning, it was for an hour, and then he stood up and started banging -- hooray!), putting him to bed later (this only seems to make him angry in the evening and then wake up even EARLIER).

He does have teeth coming in ... perpetually ... and he is just getting over an ear infection.
I hear ya! I've been up since 5 a.m. we also have teeth. I would just hang in there it sounds like he's not feeling his best, but I know how hard it is.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote