Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
ForeverHis8223
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Fuzzi Bunz with Shot Elastic??

I have another baby girl coming this sept and am trying make sure my entire fuzzi bunz collection I had for her big sister is good to go before she gets here.

Out of my entire collection (older style fuzzi bunz) I found that 21 of my smalls have shot elastic on both the backs and the legs are complete shot along with 12 of my larges - (thank goodness at least the mediums were all okay) But I think there maybe a few that could use some tightening - the elastic is fine but Im not sure for how long because its not as stretchy as when I first purchased them.

I do not sew - although I am willing to try. I need any advice on the easiest and most effective way to replace the elastic without ruining the diapers and causing leaks through the PUL. I plan on either selling or trading all my larges as well as some of my smalls to purchase xs so its VERY important that I keep these in the best condition possible.

Advertisement

ForeverHis8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Re: Fuzzi Bunz with Shot Elastic??

I think there are tutorials. Let me do a search.

Here's one, but it isn't the easy way!! http://www.celticclothswholesale.com...perElastic.htm

Here's how I do it, except I use my sewing machine and just sew through all the layers at each end of the elastic with zig zag stitch. I know that my diapers are just getting passed through the family though, so I don't worry about them looking original for resale value. http://www.mamaslaundrytalk.com/2010...-cloth-diaper/
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)

Last edited by mommyfrog; 06-13-2011 at 07:30 AM.
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are tutorials! I have been doing mine using a great tutorial for a BG! It works the same and this person did her's all from the inside of the pocket without cutting any of the fleece lining. I have done my Fuzzibuns this way any it works great! If you can match the thread color, you will never be able to tell that it has been done!
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Check out this one!

http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show...elastic+repair
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
ForeverHis8223
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. Not sure why I couldnt find any tutorials. Fingers crossed I do a good job. Im busting out my sewing machine this afternoon (along with a lengthy owners manual)

Feel free to leave me any more advice - lord knows I can use all I can get.

Wish me Luck Ladies.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you feel like you might not be able to do it, I know that tinkle traps does repairs on elastic! She converted my velcro diapers to snaps and did an amazing job! AWESOME customer service!
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
ForeverHis8223
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fantasia - Im in love with the link you sent.. they may not come out perfect but I think using this particular tutorial is the absolute best bet for myself! (especially since I dont sew) Thanks a ton.

Brandy - Thanks so much for the referral! I really appreciate it. I'm going to attempt it this week and if I cant get it by the 3rd diaper I'm looking her up and sending an email. lol