Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:
Re: My six year old stole from my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanoverwhelmed View Post
Thanks ladies, The box to the toy wasn't ripped apart so Im going to try to put it back together and return it. He will also be hand delivering the money. He can kind of write so we will work on an apology letter together.

Also, no TV or wii for a while. I hope this teaches him so he'll think twice next time!
I would make him return the toy then return the money to Grandma, I would also ground him for a month from all his favorite toys, games and tv. I would also sit down and talk to him about the rights and wrongs of stuff like this. I in no way would use the ADD as an excuse as to why he did this.

Advertisement

Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #22
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanoverwhelmed View Post
Wow that thing was hard to get back together!! I did though and you can't tell the box has even been opened! It looks perfect, so bad to target it goes!
This seems kinda deceptive in and of itself....
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #23
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551 View Post
This seems kinda deceptive in and of itself....
Why? I've returned a bunch of stuff to target-opened or not. When they ask why I tell them it doesnt work, I didnt like it, I changed my mind, whatever the reason and they've never given me any problems. :shrug: I dont see a problem with her son telling them 'I stole the $$ from gma and I know that was wrong now.'

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
Why? I've returned a bunch of stuff to target-opened or not. When they ask why I tell them it doesnt work, I didnt like it, I changed my mind, whatever the reason and they've never given me any problems. :shrug: I dont see a problem with her son telling them 'I stole the $$ from gma and I know that was wrong now.'
I have no problem with people returning things the way you state. It seems as if she is not planning to tell them it was ever open. She is purposely making it look like it is new and unopened--according to her post. If she takes it back and returns it as new, what kind of example is she setting for her son? That is lying, which is one of the reasons her son is in trouble. I just find it ironic.

If I paid $40 for the toy for my son, opened it up and found out it had been opened previously, I would be pissed. I didn't pay for a used toy.

I bought a toaster once that was already full of bread crumbs. The box looked new. I did get a new toaster in exchange from the store. They hunted down the only person who had returned that brand of toaster and recharged them for it.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #25
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh I see

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote