Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
brown_eyedgal30
Registered Users
seller

Questions about sizing and clothes...help me!

Hi,
I am new to CDing. I had a 33 week preemie (3lbs 9oz) and waited until he was 8lbs to start to CD. I started off with prefolds and covers and didn;t notice what I am noticing with Pocket one size dipes. His clothes fit funny...actually his fluff butt is so huge that his clothes really don't fit. Plus the huge butt is preventing him from rolling over...is this something that happens with huge one size diapers? He could still be in NB clothes if it wasn't for the huge butt. I can't see myself being a CD momma if his clothes don't ever fit right.

Advertisement

Mama to Chloe 6/05 and our special preemie Trey 3/11...after 12 years TTC - severe PCOS, clomid = no go, IVF drug protocol and TI got us our 2nd little infertility miracle!...trying CD and just figured out that I can't stop buying cute dipes...
Waiting on approval to be a seller....then I can unload some of the HUGE stash!
brown_eyedgal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Questions about sizing and clothes...help me!

Well everything OS is going to be big on a little baby. It's just the nature of a diaper that is meant to last for 2-3 years. You could go back to prefolds/flats or you could try some sized diapers. I absolutely preferred sized diapers at that size and age for the same reason as I dislike bulk. I have never had to size up clothes with 2 kids. The only time they didn't really fit was when my preemie was at the top range in her preemie clothes so we just went to newborns. And really I only think we had another couple weeks in them anyway even if she had been in disposables.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
brown_eyedgal30
Registered Users
seller

Thanks...so that means that at some point these pockets will look ok on him and hot huge?
Mama to Chloe 6/05 and our special preemie Trey 3/11...after 12 years TTC - severe PCOS, clomid = no go, IVF drug protocol and TI got us our 2nd little infertility miracle!...trying CD and just figured out that I can't stop buying cute dipes...
Waiting on approval to be a seller....then I can unload some of the HUGE stash!
brown_eyedgal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, eventually they will look less ridiculous. DD is in 12-18 month clothes now, even some 9 month and it's a non-issue.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
poppan
Registered Users
seller

I've never liked one-size diapers for that reason. My kids are skinny and sized diapers just fit so much better. The only time I think OS finally fits "right" is when the baby is big enough to be on the largest rise setting. I still have some OS dipes anyway but they are not my fave... I mostly have them as back-up dipes on laundry day.