Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
mommyof2cuties79
Registered Users
seller

Mama Cloth - Help me choose!

I've decided that I'd like to switch from disposables to mama cloth. I CD'd my 11 year old son when he was a baby and am currently CDing my 10 month old daughter, but I never even knew about mama cloth until a few months ago! I am still BFing and I haven't gotten AF yet, but I have a feeling it won't be much longer 'til she makes her dreaded appearance.

I really have no idea where to start with mama cloth! I do know that I want natural fibers (no microfiber!!) and I want to be able to wash them with my diapers so they have to be able to be washed on hot. Can anyone recommend something good to try? Or are there any online stores where I could get a few of several different kinds to sample? I've looked on HC and etsy, but it seems like if I just buy 1-2 from each store to try, I'm totally getting screwed on the shipping...

TIA!

Advertisement

mommyof2cuties79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mama Cloth - Help me choose!

Homestead Emporium pads are fantastic ( www.homesteademporium.com ). She has so many different shapes and sizes that you should be able to find a perfect fit in her line up. They are all natural fibers except for the fleece backing and are so easy to wash. I rinse them right after then toss them in whatever load I'm running on hot.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Love the site the PP posted but do they seem a little pricey to anyone else?

There are some great mamas here on DS that make cloth pads. Check out the WAHM Wares thread on FSOT. I haven't actually gotten any yet but I need to start buying some as I am in the same boat as you - still no AF since baby but I'm pretty sure it's coming soon.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901 View Post
Love the site the PP posted but do they seem a little pricey to anyone else?

There are some great mamas here on DS that make cloth pads. Check out the WAHM Wares thread on FSOT. I haven't actually gotten any yet but I need to start buying some as I am in the same boat as you - still no AF since baby but I'm pretty sure it's coming soon.
They are definitely on the spendy side, but Pietra does have a 10% discount with the code SPECIAL . I think they're worth every penny since no one else makes a 17" pad that I've found She is a WAHM who also sells cloth diapers from time to time. My first stash was lunapads (www.lunapads.com) and the HE are an absolute bargain in comparison.

OK - rave over.

I've also heard great things about GEM, Treehugger, Mother Moon Pads, Little Luxuries and some others - I just don't have any experience with them.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gem cloth are great! She has a grab bag deal. Everything you asked for and affordable . I like the Ruby and Diamond pads.

http://www.gemcloth.webs.com/

I also like Taluah bean, and she usually has a code on FB for some % off and free shipping I think.
http://www.talulahbean.com/

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/

Last edited by ggill; 06-13-2011 at 09:52 PM.
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Adding the WAhm with Gem cloth will make custom sizes as well.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been eyeing GEM's ruby pads for a while now, I plan on rounding out my stash w/ them before the new baby arrives. I have a 3-pk of Imse Vimse pads that work fine, but they are white (why?!?!) which looks gross pretty much immediately, and I want velour topped pads (so nice and soft, and I heard they are great for not sticking to postpartum stitches). I won a Leslie's Boutique pad several months ago, which looks awesome, but I found out I was pregnant the day after it arrived so I haven't gotten to put it to the test yet.
You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE mama cloth!!! So soft and comfy, you are going to wonder where it's been all your life!!!
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ooh Talulah Bean has some 2nds! About 2 bucks off! These are good vof avg flow days IME.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Pink Lemonade are my favorite. I have been using my first set from her for 4 years and they are still great, and I just picked up 3 pp pads and I want more! She is on etsy here and HC here.

Tree Hugger pads are also really awesome, and she does specials all the time - like her on FB.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #10
MooKieS_MoM
Registered Users
Formerly: red**hc**ck
seller

Tree hugger pads are the BEST!!! I am in the process of ordering more and switching my stash to ONLY Treehugger pads. I just bought my sister who is interested in mama cloth a small starter set and she flipped out (in a good way) when she got them in the mail, she is so excited! They are lush, comfy, beautiful, well made pads...I have never had a leak with Crystal's pads. The best!
MooKieS_MoM is offline   Reply With Quote