Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
Excessive postpartum bleeding at 6 weeks (herb question)

Hi mamas,
I seem to have either gotten my period back at 5 weeks pp or I'm having a bit of a bleeding issue. My bleeding never stopped but did slow way down. Now over the past 4 days it has increased to the point I'm soaking regular pads in about 1.5 hours if I'm up and around - though not if I'm sitting. I really don't want to go in for a lot of reasons.

If I am having true pp bleeding and not my period, will drinking a super strong RRL tea infusion help? I'm wondering if it will help clamp down my uterus some to slow the bleeding?

Thank you!

I do have a history of a late postpartum hemmorage at 5 weeks with ODD which nothing but time helped to slow and did also get my period back at 5 weeks with YDD so it could probaby be either of those scenarios again or neither.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Excessive postpartum bleeding at 6 weeks (herb question)

my m/w has me take wombstringe from wishgarden (i think it's wishgarden?) It is awesome for slowing down the pp bleeding!
Jill, mama to Grace, 11.30.2005, Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah, 9.5.09,
X4 my chunky bubs Reed 8.19.2011, and dfs 2.29.12
jillybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Life is Good
My Mood:
Re: Excessive postpartum bleeding at 6 weeks (herb question)

I think the wishgarden herbs would be better than the RRL tea for this but I haven't had to take it myself so....also you are probably doing too much mama. At 5wkpp the holes in your uterus from where the placenta was attached are still open and the more you are up doing lots of stuff the more they will stay open and maybe even open more. I know if you are like me it is hard to take it easy with other LOs running around but try to. As long as everyone is fed and dry I would let some of your other duties slide a little bit longer so you can let your body recover. You've just done something amazing and very strenuous on your body so while you may be feeling a bit like your old self you are not quite there yet and still need to take it easy. I had bleeding start back heavy after being almost completely gone around the same time with my last baby and found as soon as I made myself chill out a little and hang out on the couch more it went away without having to use and herbs or drugs. Good luck mama!
Jesus loving wife to Chris and crunchy mama to 7, 6, 5 , 3 and 9mo Swagbucks
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote