Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
womanoverwhelmed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flips or GroVia (Disposable Inserts) WDYT???

Hey Ladies I need some advice!

I'm trying to decide on what system to use for a beach trip.

I am in love with my GroVia AIO's and initially was going to take advantage of the GroVia AI2 Summer deal (3 shells, 1 pack of biosoakers, 3 tiny bubbles for $49.99)

The more I think about it the more the price scares me. I think its because its been so long since I've bought anything because what we use works and a part of me is scared to go back to the trial and error part of CD'ing.

So the Flips are attractive because I can get 2 packs of disposable inserts, and 2 seconds shells for $25....

The lesser price is sooo tempting but I just don't know... What do you ladies think? I need the good and bad! Thanks!

Advertisement

womanoverwhelmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
michelleml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flips or GroVia (Disposable Inserts) WDYT???

I have both the grovia and flip and 10 bg's 3.0 aio. But I find myself using the flip everyday/all day i love them.

Michelle

Michelle
michelleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sposie Grovia inserts are way nicer than BGs, but I haven't tried BG's since they supposedly improved them. That said, I do like Grovia's shells a lot. I'm not a big fan of their inserts though (non-sposie) but I keep the few Grovia shells I have just to use for trips.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
AndeeL
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanoverwhelmed
Hey Ladies I need some advice!

I'm trying to decide on what system to use for a beach trip.

I am in love with my GroVia AIO's and initially was going to take advantage of the GroVia AI2 Summer deal (3 shells, 1 pack of biosoakers, 3 tiny bubbles for $49.99)

The more I think about it the more the price scares me. I think its because its been so long since I've bought anything because what we use works and a part of me is scared to go back to the trial and error part of CD'ing.

So the Flips are attractive because I can get 2 packs of disposable inserts, and 2 seconds shells for $25....

The lesser price is sooo tempting but I just don't know... What do you ladies think? I need the good and bad! Thanks!
I used the Flip sposies back when they sucked while on vacay with my 1yo and they never leaked. I'm curious abt the new ones. The old was sooo soft.
AndeeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard the grovia sposie inserts are way better than the flip ones but we use the flip or the gdiaper ones bc they are cheaper and DS only uses them for preschool. We will probably use them on our trip to the beach this year bc I have no interest in doing diaper laundry on vacation. I haven't had any problems with the flip or gdiaper sposie inserts....and since they do get tossed, I don't want to spend THAT much on them. You can get the gdiaper ones for pretty cheap on amazon if you do the subscribe and save. I did the math on the flip ones the other night. I think the small pack is the same per insert as the case price. So you could get a small pk to try.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
womanoverwhelmed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the input!
womanoverwhelmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really love the GroVia biosoakers because of the gussets and the fold up so small! I can fit one in my back pocket. The coverage of these are great and the gussets hold in everything! It's about $20 a pack and you get over 4 dozen inserts in the pack, it breaks down to less than $0.40 each, not bad.
The only down fall is that they didn't work overnight for my heavy wetter. I had to use a Gdiaper flushie on top of it.
I plan to use these with the next baby when we are at the hospital, easy peasy.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
skyler189
Registered Users

I bought both flip and grovia sposie inserts to use on a recent trip abroad. Both my husband and I found ourselves grabbing the grovia ones instead of the flips. All our grovias are used up and we still have an open package of flips to use that we don't want to use. Neither of us liked them at all. They would bunch up in the cover. They were bulky. They were much too long, and so to make them fit they had to be folded down in the back, which made them REALLY bulky at the waistband.

They are cheaper than the grovia ones, but we are willing to pay the higher price, and we won't buy the flips again.
skyler189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
michelleml
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What i did was bought a sample to try out. The flips are very big we have to fold them over grovia ones are much smaller. My ds wore it for about 2.5 hrs no leaks in either one

http://www.sewcraftybaby.com/store/W...sGaloreSection
Michelle

Michelle
michelleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleml
What i did was bought a sample to try out. The flips are very big we have to fold them over grovia ones are much smaller. My ds wore it for about 2.5 hrs no leaks in either one

http://www.sewcraftybaby.com/store/W...sGaloreSection
Michelle
Thanks mama. Just ordered sample packs of both plus sample wool wash and BUTter cream with free shipping for like $7.00. It was a deal. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum