Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Making and Selling diapers!

My husband just got me a sewing machine! I have wanted a machine for YEARS! I have wanted to make diapers, nursing pads, etc ... This came as a shock to me so I didn't research on how to sell items. But since I am a SAHM, I would love to upgrade to WAHM!! How do I go about this? Do I have to have something special to sell diapers like, on etsy or HC?
Any other tips or tricks or websites would be helpful! =] Yes, I can google search but we all know how that goes

Advertisement

Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Making and Selling diapers!

Ah what a great gift!! I don't sell anything I make. I love to sew but I don't think I make anything that is professional, sellable quality... if you want to be a WAHM, my first question would be how skilled are you with a sewing machine?
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I am very skilled (I feel as if I am!). I have been sewing since age 7. I just haven't had a machine in a few years and never had the funds to get a new one. I used to make my own clothes all the time. Although, I have never sewn a diaper before. I'm sure that after a few months, I would feel comfortable selling. But nothing expensive.
Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Go to your user cp and click on 'group memberships' and the list of groups will be there and the WAHM group is towards the bottom and just click 'join group' and follow any instructions they have for you...good luck and how exciting!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Growing Baby Green
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I second the wahm group! Also, the craft chat group has tons of threads on sewing diapers, materials, etc....

Good luck!!
Growing Baby Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Growing Baby Green
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I second the wahm group! Also, the craft chat group has tons of threads on sewing diapers, materials, etc....

Good luck!!
Growing Baby Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you can sew your own clothes you can sew diapers for sure. There might be a little learning curve but I have no doubt that you will be great at it.
I would think of a name for your business, goggle it to make sure that no one else has it or anything similar. Get a business license with the state that you live in. I would also set up an fb page for your business, it's a great advertising tool!
Good luck to you mama, how exciting!
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
If you can sew your own clothes you can sew diapers for sure. There might be a little learning curve but I have no doubt that you will be great at it.
I would think of a name for your business, goggle it to make sure that no one else has it or anything similar. Get a business license with the state that you live in. I would also set up an fb page for your business, it's a great advertising tool!
Good luck to you mama, how exciting!
Okay that! The Business Licence. I'll have to google for more info but I'm totally going to check into that =]
I have been trying to find a name for a business for a while now. LOL. I think my husband knew I wanted to do this so bad and thats why he was on a hunt for a sewing machine! =]

PS: I will totally join the WAHM group! =]
Etsy . FaceBook .
Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gotta give the hubby a big pat on the back for that!
I just googles "how do I get a business license in the state of (insert your state)?"
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:52 AM   #10
candicepincin
Registered Users

how aweusm was your hubby!!

Last edited by candicepincin; 06-15-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: hit enter to quick
candicepincin is offline   Reply With Quote