Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
"Code words" you use around your LO

So I was reading a magazine the other day and read about a couple talking about DTD in front of their LO. Instead of using the word s*x, they called it "the hampster dance." I laughed when I read this and thought about how our code for DTD is "coloring." We can talk about "coloring" (you wanna color tonight, I enjoyed coloring during naptime, yadda yadda) all we want to infront of DD1 and she just goes on her merry way as she thinks its coloring w/ book and crayons.

Do you have any funny "code words" you use around your little ones to protect those little ears. Let's hear them

Advertisement

Last edited by doodle19; 06-15-2011 at 07:03 PM.
doodle19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: "Code words" you use around your LO

We have had to come up with new names for the IPAD... the only word he'll say consistently (we're in trouble). We either spell it or call it the toy right now but I'm sure we will get more creative.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Haha, the only ones I can think of is for my BFF. I call my BFF "that friend nearby". Her DD is my DDs best friend, and if she hears me say Tiffany it will start a long discussion on what Maylee is doing, wearing, playing, and I will end up texting Tiff/Maylee for Noella.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
lovetamarav
Registered Users
seller

DH and I don't have to worry yet. But my ex and I also used to call it coloring when around his son.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
DS is obsessed with going to the target cafe and eating their macaroni. He calls Target 'target Mac face'. If we say target then he heads for the stroller and climbs in thinking he's going to get macaroni. We used to call target 'tarzhay' but he figured that out. Now we just refer to it as 'the T word' as in 'Are you going to the T word to get blah blah blah?'
Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have several things that we have to use code words for... usually we spell them backwards (because she learned them forwards, the little bugger!) or say them in pig latin.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are still able to spell things Except OUT. He loves to go outside, but sadly, our neighbors are unstable, so we have to go to the park. We have to say "that place". Also the stroller. Generally one adult knows it's coming so we will just say "Do you want to push it, and I'll get the other thing? Or just the other thing?" because we can't say "cart" either, then he will say "Not cart" and demand the stroller.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is two. Very two. Pity me!

We call all drinks "coffee". Soda, coffee, alcohol, juice... anything we don't want her to have a sip of! She knows she doesn't like "coffee" and stops begging for it!

My DH is getting his MBA at night, but we can't say "school". We have to call it "Work" because DD will freak out and think he's going to her preschool, and want to go, too!

Can't say "I'm going to the store" anymore, unless she's invited, because she knows that phrase and will tantrum all over the place if we don't take her... so we say "be right back" for anything and everything.

Good gravy. There's like ten more examples that just popped into my head. This is the problem with having a wicked-smart toddler!! She is definitely paying attention, and definitely knows what is going on!

She's just now to the point of repeating things I say, so there has been a rapid decrease in my foul language the last few weeks!! I'd hate to hear my little parrot say Oh crap! :rflmbo:
poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We call DTD "marathoning" but not for the reason it sounds(don't y'all get jealous!).
That's the only one.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #10
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

We spell it out as well.

We just can't spell out SPCA for obvious reasons. SPCA?!?!? SPCA?!?!? We never hear the end of it until we take our DD there.
PBAki is online now   Reply With Quote