Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
BreakDanzer
Banned
seller

Re: Against my better judgment, I return to Tide and regret it. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Well rinse, rinse, rinse.That said I would not discount that RnG was the cause of the ammonia since SO many other people (myself included) have had the same problems. There are lots of other options that work besides Tide or RnG. There is a middle ground. If it's not working then who cares how "green" it is KWIM? Have you tried Country Save or Vaska?
I have not, but considering I JUST ordered the reformulated RNG not an hour ago, I will use that detergent and MAKE IT WORK.

Advertisement

BreakDanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
LittleClaraLove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA
Tide is nasty stuff isn't it. Any amount can leave build up on your diapers. It's also full of chemicals including the scent that pollute our environment. The build up from it will also expose your child to some of the same chemicals that disposables have in them.
If you use the RNG it will pull all that Tide gunk out, may take a few washes though.
Are you a RNG salesperson?
LittleClaraLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCDerInCO View Post
AND- Rumparooz customer service, for one, recommends tide as their 1st choice detergent... and does NOT recommend RnG AT ALL....says if you use RnG and have elastic or delamination issues, they will not replace your diapers.
Really??? I need a spreadsheet of which dipes can be use with what detergent, dried or not, bleached or not. Sheesh! It's all I can do to make sure they're clean and on the bum.

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #14
rescueremedies
Banned

I'm not a rng sales person, but I can't stand tide. I got some diapers washed in it, and have done about 12 washes, 1 stripping, and I can still smell it. I've really got nothing against it, other than it does not work, and I can't stand the smell. I broke out badly when I tried the free and gentle on my laundry. I've never liked tide though. Prior to my cloth diapering days I used Cheer or All. That being said, I didn't like RNG either. Use what works for you I say
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #15
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If there's one thing I've learned from DS it's that finding the right wash routine for your needs is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) part of CD'ing. Everyone's routine is different, there is a wide range of what works, and the only way to find that laundry routine nirvana is through trial and error. AND that changing needs requires that you change it up sometimes.

It would be SO. MUCH. EASIER. if one thing (or even a handful) of things worked for everyone
Old 06-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCDerInCO View Post
AND- Rumparooz customer service, for one, recommends tide as their 1st choice detergent... and does NOT recommend RnG AT ALL....says if you use RnG and have elastic or delamination issues, they will not replace your diapers.
I noticed that Rumparooz also recommends to use Enzymes if your child isn't sensitive versus a detergent that has NO enzymes.

Then I hop over to Happy Heiny's page and they recommend Tide as their top choice but say NEVER EVER use Bleach. They also recommend no natural deteregents like seventh gen that can leave a residue on your diapers.

Then I check out Fuzzibunz and they say to stay away from detergents with brighteners or additives because they can cause buildup but they highly recommend detergents like seventh generation saying they will cause NO buildup or residue.

Then Cottonbabies recommends bleach 1/4 cup every month and NO TIDE.

Then somewhere else says Enzymes will break down the fibers of your diapers and shorten their life.

It is enough to make your head spin. No wonder we are all so confused!
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #17
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow, I hate the scent of Tide. It made me gag while I was pregnant and even after I had my baby, now I can't stand it. I think it was my mommy senses telling me that it was gross stuff. I also have not had any luck with RnG though and had awful ammonia issues that I wasn't able to remedy when I was CDing DS. I am using All Free & Clear and not having any issues... yet. Only been CDing DD for about 3 weeks (she's only 4 weeks old ). I agree with a PP that you've got to find something that works - even if it's not as "green" as you want it to be.

Last edited by justineybean; 06-16-2011 at 05:04 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #18
desertgirl
Registered Users
seller

I HATED the way original Tide smelled, but I loved the way it solved all the diaper laundry issues I was having. Tide Free and Gentle was the answer...but the new Ultra F&G almost ruined the suedecloth and fleece pockets I have.

RNG does not clean my daughter's diapers, nor our regular laundry, well at all. But, I have some bags left over, and will go back to that until my daughter is fully potty-trained (which I hope is soon).
desertgirl is offline   Reply With Quote