Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Mixed thoughts

First of all, I'm so happy that God has blessed us with a baby to come, but it was an absolute surprise. We knew that we didn't want to wait too long but I do not lose ANY baby weight nursing. I have to seriously work on it. With DD I had to go hard core and lost it all when she was 9-12 months. With DS- he's 9 months AND...I just started... I'm running again and have a trainer and just started this 10 day nutrition challenge- I was so ready to get back to a healthy weight then get pregnant... and I was a bit surprised this weekend, thought my AF had started but then three days later I was like.. hmmm.. so I took THREE cheap internet tests and all three came back super positive. Due date Feb 17. I burst into tears. then felt guilty... but I was looking forward to not feeling miserable during this pregnancy. Just gonna have to keep exercising and keep the sweets to a minimum.

Thanks for the vent mamas!

Advertisement

s2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
EmmaLaurel
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mixed thoughts

, mama... it's so easy to have really mixed emotions. Dh and I had decided not to prevent after I had my mirena out last month, so obviously we KNEW I could get pregnant... but I must say, it was a it of a surprise to learn that we conceived IMMEDIATELY! I was pretty stunned when I took the tests. I AM so excited, but it's taken me a while to get my head around it, and it doesn't quite feel real yet.

we'll all get there!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

i had wanted to lose weight before getting pg. i was so mad at myself because i've gained about 15lbs since nov if i didn't get my bfp, i was going to do a 21 day detox (liquid diet) bc i knew my dh would be away while i ovulated in june. this is the heaviest i've been when i've gotten pg and since i found out tues, i feel like i've been eating everything in sight! NOT a good plan.
on a side note, no matter what weight i started at with my last 3 kids, i got to 190 each time i'm hoping i don't gain that much this time (i'm 5'4" and should be around 130ish...although i'm like 160 now ).

i think it's totally natural to have mixed feelings. i wasn't sure i'd get pg so quickly and part of me wasn't even sure if i wanted a fourth but now that i am pregnant, i'm scared to death of losing the baby and know i would be devistated!
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

congrats! don't worry about your mixed feelings like the other ladies already said
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
raggamuffin82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sort of in the same place. I also didn't really lose much weight nursing, and was just starting to get back into a healthy eating/exercising routine and looking forward to getting back down to a healthy weight before we began to TTC #2 (which was supposed to be around November!). But now I just figure I'll only have to do the work once LOL. At the moment I'm trying to eat healthily and keep the non-essential weight gain to a minimum.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

My first reaction was to cry. My first two are only 15 months apart, and I wanted so bad not to be pregnant for a while, but for some reason I am over the moon happy about this baby. I'm sure the yucks will catch up, but I'm choosing the excitement for now.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
My first two are 17 months apart, and these two are 18 month apart. I actually like the close age gap. My friend had babies 10 months apart.... Not my cup of tea.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
goatgeek
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm not so much concerned with weight it's my health.I did not bounce back at all after ds last April.It was horrible,had to have ds 3 weeks early due to my gall bladder that was taken out right after.we weren't so much as trying as it was just timing really.I am so super excited and I love the age gap but I'm extremely nervous.I do not want a c-section so I guess that's my goal this time is to keep weight down and take it step by step till were done and hopefully no surgery.Honestly I can't even believe I'm pregnant again @38 lol
goatgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

ditto the health thing. I've had so much more fatigue after number two, with muscle soreness, random heart palpatations and fevers, of course exhaustion and emotional craziness, and now my first plugged duct. I'm sure my body needs more than a six month break between pregnancies, it just keeps not working out that way.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
goatgeek
Registered Users

My Mood:
I hope you get some rest and I guess the best thing we can do is take extremely good care of ourselves
goatgeek is offline   Reply With Quote