Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

Moving back!

We lived in Venetie Alaska about 2 years ago and are now moving back... smaller village this time.
Here we come Stevens Village! My husband will be the principal teacher and I (praying so) will be the preschool teacher
Moving with our 4 kids and Mastiff
Can't wait to get in on this forum more!

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hehe that's the middle of nowhere

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

Re: Moving back!

Yes. Yes it is. I believe the population is about 50 right now. We. Are. Nuts!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have no idea how I came across this thread, but I had to respond. We don't live in Alaska, but we live in a town of about 100 people, and DH is the school teacher (k-8) and I am the teacher's assistant. We had 8 students last year but this year we have 11. We also bring our DDs to school with us (1.5 and almost 4) so I am essentially their preschool teacher.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I have no idea how I came across this thread, but I had to respond. We don't live in Alaska, but we live in a town of about 100 people, and DH is the school teacher (k-8) and I am the teacher's assistant. We had 8 students last year but this year we have 11. We also bring our DDs to school with us (1.5 and almost 4) so I am essentially their preschool teacher.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
This sounds exactly like us right now. I am the preschool teacher I bring the (almost) 2 yr old and 4 yr old with me and our 5 yr old often comes over to play... needs a break from all the 'big kid' learning.
Then the other half of the day I sub in for the aides that generally don't show for work. And recently I subbed for the cook... it was a disaster
We have 8 kids normally but 11 right now (count time... they brought kids in from the 'outside' so that our school would stay open... we will see if it works!).
I am supposed to work 15 hrs a week but I have been working 40+ with preschool, subbing, and helping the hubs out!
I can not wait for Christmas break LOL!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkly_vagabond View Post
This sounds exactly like us right now. I am the preschool teacher I bring the (almost) 2 yr old and 4 yr old with me and our 5 yr old often comes over to play... needs a break from all the 'big kid' learning.
Then the other half of the day I sub in for the aides that generally don't show for work. And recently I subbed for the cook... it was a disaster
We have 8 kids normally but 11 right now (count time... they brought kids in from the 'outside' so that our school would stay open... we will see if it works!).
I am supposed to work 15 hrs a week but I have been working 40+ with preschool, subbing, and helping the hubs out!
I can not wait for Christmas break LOL!

Oh yes, the ever important count day for small schools. There had been talks about closing our school this year, but luckily that did not happen. I am also the "cook", as well as the custodian. LOL. Though we just do a breakfast program and no lunch (kids either bring lunch or go home for lunch).

We have no breaks at all with just DH and I working there (it sounds like it is the same for you too!). But it makes the days and weeks fly by!