Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #21
dbassett
Registered Users

Re: How many times did you knowingly expose your dc's to cp before they got it??

See, I WOULD intentionally expose my kids because CP can be fatal as an adult. I can't find ANY kids that I know that have it!!! So I CAN'T expose my oldest boy. Problem is, that vax is mandatory here before they start school and he's gonna start K this fall!!! I've gotta see if theres a waiver- if not I have to homeschool bc he will not be getting that vax. (especially since the dr says kids can still get CP after being vaxxed!)

Yea, sorry, that was a bit of a highjack. I mostly wanted to thank you for posting this because it was very informative!! I'd probably drive myself bonkers if I exposed my kid and didn't know when to expect a break out!

Advertisement

I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #22
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many times did you knowingly expose your dc's to cp before they got it??

I knew the incubation time, I just can't believe they've been exposed 3 times and haven't gotten it yet, but I have. I read that it has a 90% transmission rate so I'm just surprised they havent gotten it.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #23
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe your girls have inheritied Grammies super strong immune system and are immune to it between that and breastfeeding? Im not sure as i dont know much about how big of a role genetics plays into childhood sicknesses like CP.

Hoping they come down with it as a child and not as an adult.

My mil just came down with shingles as an adult, because she never had cp as a child. Add to this she is a diabetic and it plays a horrible role in messing up her sugar levels. Its a bit scary when you think that your children are predisposed to diabetes and that CP could kill them as an adult. I'd much rather risk a childhood illness then a life threatening disease. I dont mind the extra work i have to put into being with them as annoying as sick kids can be at times, all in a mothers day of work right?

earthybirthymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #24
RedSoxFan1
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom View Post
I knew the incubation time, I just can't believe they've been exposed 3 times and haven't gotten it yet, but I have. I read that it has a 90% transmission rate so I'm just surprised they havent gotten it.

Maybe you want to have the ped draw a titre on them? It's possible they've already got blood immunity through the exposure even if they didn't come down with it.
RedSoxFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #25
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Just to give you a heads up: I was exposed again and again as a child and never developed them. I do have the antibodies, however, so my body fought them.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #26
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

thanks for starting this thread. DH & I have agreed that once dd turns 2, its cp party we come. but, I asked if we tell the dc and he said no, we just stay home w/her. I thought that was crazy to stay home 2 w IN CASE she gets it.

now I know thats a silly idea.
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote