Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you nurse someone else's baby?

Interesting question! Yes, I think I would in situations as described above...emergency type situations. However I think if the roles were reversed and something happened to me, I would probably prefer my baby get a bottle of pumped milk if time/available, but if not, then formula would be okay. Not that I think it's icky or anything, but I guess it's just a personal preference.

My SIL tried for her sister who had an emergency surgery. Can't remember how old the baby was, but my SIL was nursing her ds at the same time who was just a few months younger. She said that baby looked up her like "you want me to do WHAT? You are SOOO not my mom!"

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have for my sister and best friend. I don't think it's a big deal at all. In fact my moms best friend nursed me as a baby so my mom could go to the dr or any other appointments. I think it's so cool.
I have found that if the baby is 6 months or younger they don't usually notice much.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

I have and would again :]
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
hippiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As long as the other mom is cool with it. In fact, I just got back from meeting my best friend's LO, and I took my whole frozen stash of BM to her. She's having surgery next week and can't nurse for at least 48 hours because of the drugs, doesn't have a pump so has no frozen supply.

In fact, while we were visiting, she was about to pull her hair out with her two older girls (4 and 2) and her nephews (3, 5 & 7). Her youngest (4 weeks) was screaming- hungry. And she jokingly asked, "will you just feed her for me?" And I would have if she truly needed me to.

My ISO/IHA!
hippiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For family or a close friend yes no second thoughts. Or like people said in an emergency situation yes.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
Sweet Karma Cakes
Registered Users
Formerly: aidensmom325
seller

Absolutely!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes if the mother felt comfortable with it as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For emergency situations already described, I definitely would. In a more casual situation, I'm not sure, but probably as long as we were all cool with it.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #19
abaigeal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have donated pumped milk to 3 different mamas I didn't know very well before and I would do it again. I would absolutely nurse my niece or nephew or a close friend's baby if I needed to. We had a baby abandoned near where I live a few weeks ago and I so badly wanted to donate some of my freezer stash to her or offer to nurse but I didn't even know where to begin with that. I am honored to have been able to help other babies with my milk even if I didn't nurse them directly. I would have to think harder if someone else nursed my baby but I would prefer it if there was no other option. Hey it would give me a break! LOL!

Wildtree consultant-feed your family healthier
http://www.mywildtree.com/abbycravillion/
abaigeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I would and have.

There was also a time when I wish a family member would have nursed dd - I was at the mall and got stuck longer than expected for a camera lesson. Dp had dd at a cousins house over 20 minutes away and apparently cried quite a bit from being hungry - she would NOT take a bottle or eat any food for some reason (she was over 6 months - probably closer to 9 months old). As soon as we got there dp's cousin said she would have nursed dd but she wasn't sure how I felt about it. I really wish she would have. Would have saved them a lot of screaming.