Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Itchy Boobs

So . . . I don't know if this is a thrush problem or just a general rash problem, but my breasts and nipples are so itchy! It started about a week and a half ago -- just the nipples -- and after weeks of painful breastfeeding, it was actually a relief to have the baby feed because it scratched the itch, so to speak. But then the itchiness spread to the breasts, and now I have red dots and patches all around my breasts and they itch *so much*. I also have itchy rash patches on my face and on my forearms. I started Diflucan four weeks ago for thrush and while the pain went down for some time, it is back again. And now this itching. Is this just another phase of thrush or could it be something else on top of the thrush? It is driving me mad with scratching.

DS is over two months now, and I am starting to wonder if this will actually ever get easier.

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Itchy Boobs

Do you use lanolin? I had itchy boobs related to skin being stretched and just dry skin in general. Lanolin and other lotions helped for that.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used lanolin. The doctor said that there were two things going on. 1) a spotty rash which is an allergic reaction to being on Diflucan for 5 (!) weeks. and 2) a thrush rash which is more solid red. I have some cream so am hoping for the best!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...I've never had a rash from thrush (which I've had for nearly 3 years now). Hope you get it figured out quickly. Candex and Threelac are what is FINALLY helping with the thrush. Pm me if you'd like more details or you can do a search for thrush. One mama wrote all about her experience and how the Candex and Threelac helped her too. It can get better!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Carrie, I'm so sorry you're having so many yucky BF issues. I really wonder if it is thrush because it doesn't seem to be getting better (Sophie's hasn't gone away, but it will get better and then come back)... and your DS hasn't had any signs of it still, right? My boobs used to be itchy, but I think it was just because of the sensation of let-down... I never had bumps or anything along with it.

ThreadsThatBind, how is the candex working? Has the thrush gone away in baby's mouth, or has it just controlled it??
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

The best things I have found for thrush are genetian violet or grapefruitseed extract. (Instructions on jack newmans site)I also had itching with letdown sometimes.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had thrush actually in the ducts inside of my breast...not on the surface and my breasts and nipples were itchy. I wasn't able to get rid of it until long after I weaned:-( I hope you have better luck than me
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsThatBind View Post
Hmmm...I've never had a rash from thrush (which I've had for nearly 3 years now). Hope you get it figured out quickly. Candex and Threelac are what is FINALLY helping with the thrush. Pm me if you'd like more details or you can do a search for thrush. One mama wrote all about her experience and how the Candex and Threelac helped her too. It can get better!
I'm that mama (unfortunately LOL). I have since written a pretty comprehensive blog post on it if you need more info. Hope it's not thrush, or if it IS, that it goes away easily!! (FWIW I did often get very itchy with thrush, sometimes it didn't start until well into the process, other times it was my first sign)
http://joyfilledmama.blogspot.com/20...ould-have.html
1blessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote