Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

How long does it take for milk to regulate?

My LO has been sleeping anywhere from 7-11 hours at night for weeks now. I'm waking up fully engorged and sometimes soaked through before she wakes for the morning. How long does it normally take for your body to adjust?

I pump right after she goes to bed and when I wake up in the morning (before she does), BTW.

Advertisement

kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long does it take for milk to regulate?

My supply regulated [for the first time] at about 5-6 weeks. I remember freaking out thinking that I was losing my milk.

How old your LO? Their sleep cycles change SO much in the first year. My DD slept through the night up until she was 3.5 months old. Then she started waking up every. single. hour. throughout the night My supply had to regulate all over again. It seems like a never ending cycle.

ETA: She started STTN again right after her 1st birthday and now doesn't nurse at all in the middle of the night. On the off day that she is truly hungry in the MOTN, it takes forever for my milk to let down, since my body isn't used to needing the milk at night.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

Last edited by THBVsMama; 06-21-2011 at 08:07 AM.
THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How long does it take for milk to regulate?

She will be 2 months old on Thursday. I'm fully prepared for her sleep pattern to change any day although she has slept well since we brought her home. I know I did have some change around 5 weeks b/c I used to have to pump after her middle of the night feeding. That has evened out. Just waiting for the STTN adjustment.
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote