Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking What dipe/trend was popular when you started out w/CD's? PICS

For the momas that have been here a while!

Anyone left from the old ds site? Anyone remember that switch?

I started 6 years ago and just about all the momas from then are gone so, last night I started wondering. What was the popular diapers/trends when you started out?

I'll start. Fb's sized and snappi brand dipes were popular. The most popular brand dipe I just can't remember the name ( I want to say bg, but I think that's wrong). I remember for unknown reasions to me, most of them were white and all anyone seemed to talk about was how they were koolaid dying them. I didn't have the money to get any.

Anyone remember the reverse bug print fb's? I still have one, lol.

How about the crazy wash routines? All cold to prevent stains, no bleach, special detergents? Not whatever worked for your family! Took me 6 months to figure out MY own routine! None of that recomended stuff worked for us.

So anyone elese have any memories like that?

Here's what I could find! 2 small/newborn Harleyz, 1 fb revirse bug print w/ fiesta inner, 1 sm fb fiesta style.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 06-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
girlymama0104
Registered Users
seller

Re: What dipe/trend was popular when you started out w/CD's?

I started CD'ing in the summer of 2004. Pre-Bumgenius, but I did buy most of my FB from Cottonbabies. I think it was pre DS, or I hadn't heard of it. I spent most of my time on the Mothering.com diapering forum. I did have some Snappi cotton terry dipes. They were one of my first diapers. The popular brands were Honeyboy!- there was a lady in Canada that made super cute ones with appliques on the bum. I loved them. Fluffymail/First Class Baby dipes went for hundreds on ebay and would sell out the second they were stocked. I also remember a lady that made THE most gorgeous wool longies-I wish I could remember her name. Hyena cart was brand new and was very different than it is now. Oh- I remember a brand named "Harleez Diapeez" they were pockets that were SO incredibly narrow through the crotch. I think I had 4 of them. I also loved Beccabottoms, Texas Bluebonnets- I know there were more. Elbees were popular back then, too.

For washing I used SportWash and TTO and baking soda. I constantly had problems with ammonia and burns on my dd.

There certainly were A LOT less options than there are now!

Last edited by girlymama0104; 06-22-2011 at 09:05 AM.
girlymama0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not quite as "old" as you are, but the economy was definitely better. HC crashed almost daily. Wool was the huge thing, yarn was almost never instock and it was hard to find custom knit slots believe it or not. It was the first gm craze, mutts were hugely popular. Crankypants were still custom made so slots went for over $200 on auction and there were gazillions of applicants for the lottery slots every month.

For washing it was a tiny bit of Country Save. I'm much happier since I switched to Tide.

Last edited by misskira; 06-22-2011 at 09:07 AM.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had forgotten aout those brands! The really remember those first class dipes with the little postage stamps on the front, so cute! Also the harleez, lol! Forgot all about them!
Also the old school HH's. Boy everyone seemed to love them. I hated all of mine, had to TandT them to get the front wings to stop doing the inney thig, lol! Wish I had kept my snappi brand terry dipes, I really liked them.

Thanks moma!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't join this site until the month my son was born, so by then I already had my whole stash so I'm not sure what was popular, but I do remember asking about softbums on here a few days before DS was born, because I had about 3 shells and 9 pods and couldn't find any reviews on them. Nobody knew what they were and when I posted a link nobody seemed interested
Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I have been around size '06. I remember Henry was about 4 months old when the BGOS 1.0 came out. Nylon, all white, and yeah, people were trying to Kool-Aide dye them. They shells couldn't be dried on high, but people loved them anyway.

I had one of those reverse bug print FBs. And do you remember the FBs with the colored fleece inners?

Peewells and Clothmo were selling out at every stocking, there was NO Spot's Corner (what did my insomniac self ever do without it?) and Luxe was HUGE. It was impossible to get one in a stocking for months. There was drama on the boards big time because mamas with fast computers were hoarding them.

There weren't nearly as many people knitting and it was hard to find a good price on used woolies.

One size just wasn't the thing.

I love these threads.
L J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
rescueremedies
Banned

Well, I didn't start here until 2009, and the big thing was Bungenius organics (before they were called elementals) I remember getting a couple of used ones off craigslist, and telling my hubby they were the Caddilac of cloth diapers I ended up not liking them.
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
I have been around size '06. I remember Henry was about 4 months old when the BGOS 1.0 came out. Nylon, all white, and yeah, people were trying to Kool-Aide dye them. They shells couldn't be dried on high, but people loved them anyway.

I had one of those reverse bug print FBs. And do you remember the FBs with the colored fleece inners?

Peewells and Clothmo were selling out at every stocking, there was NO Spot's Corner (what did my insomniac self ever do without it?) and Luxe was HUGE. It was impossible to get one in a stocking for months. There was drama on the boards big time because mamas with fast computers were hoarding them.

There weren't nearly as many people knitting and it was hard to find a good price on used woolies.

One size just wasn't the thing.

I love these threads.
I meant to mention the os dipes thing too, lol. Everything was sized. My revirse bug print fb has a blue inner. I also have some fiesta colored inner ones with that thick fleece. I have many of the dipes I started out with.

I also remember all that drama! DS was allways crashing!! Allways!

Thanks for all these great memories ladies!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
ecummings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I started CDing YDS it was the midst of a GM craze. I did get one off FSOT but could not for the life of me figure out what was so darn amazing about them! Turns out the one I got just had a TON of buildup but it's now super soft and awesome. I still won't spend a ridiculous amount of them though.

Other than that, BG's were the 'in' thing for newbies to CD. Then I got into the woolie craze myself....thankfully I'm teaching myself to knit now.

Jacob (5/06) and Sean (7/08) and Carter (10/11)
ecummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've only been CDing for a little over a year, so all I have to say is:

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote