Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #21
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What dipe/trend was popular when you started out w/CD's? PICS

I've only been cd'ing for about 1 1/2 yrs so I don't think things have changed drastically since then but I have noticed trends. BG Organics used to FLY off FSOT and ppl would buy used for only a couple dollars less than new, also it seems like Softbums aren't any where near the rage that they used to be.

Advertisement

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #22
martha.nelson
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I started back in December of 2007, I think I remember Mutt's & Peewells being uber popular at the time. I always love to see the changes in the fitteds craze! It always seems like something comes and goes.
My 1st stash of diapers was about 16 Pocket Change Diapers from Montana's Diaper Store (Now Natural Baby Company) What a fun way to remember years past on Diaperswappers!
I'm pretty sure I've met the girl that started Diaperswappers years ago, before the site change. Anyone ever meet her online?
Mommy of two perfect preemies, Olivia, Owen, & Lucia, expecting baby #4 October 2011! Wife to my best friend Matt.
martha.nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #23
passthepickles
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
seller

My Mood:

I started cloth 6 years ago and had a dozen Kushies AIO's and a dozen Fuzzi Bunz. It was right after the Fiesta's, and I was so happy because I thought the Fiestas were butt ugly. Lol... When I started collecting diapers for my daughter in 2007, it was SOS's and Goodmama boxes. Remember? When they were IMpossible to get. And Crankypants before they were mass produced. The waiting list was like, a year long! Sbish was also hot, but you could only buy the totes...
Old 06-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #24
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been diapering since early 2008. g-diapers were new and the first "hybrid" option. I so wanted them to work for us, but constantly got leaks and a plugged up toilet from flushing inserts. Bg 3.0 were just coming out, but fuzzy buns were still the most popular diapers. Gmd prefolds which were/ are wider than dsq prefolds were big and I still use them on my ds.

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #25
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl View Post
I've only been cd'ing for about 1 1/2 yrs so I don't think things have changed drastically since then but I have noticed trends. BG Organics used to FLY off FSOT and ppl would buy used for only a couple dollars less than new, also it seems like Softbums aren't any where near the rage that they used to be.
Ok, yes, this!
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #26
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BG 3.0s had just come out when I started CDing DS. I couldn't IMAGINE paying that much for 1 diaper. I did the prefold thing with him. Nothing exciting... then after I had DD I found this site and it all went downhill! lol! GMs were really popular and Anything with organic/natural inners were a hit.

And then Flips & Grobaby- the hybrid craze!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #27
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha.nelson
I started back in December of 2007, I think I remember Mutt's & Peewells being uber popular at the time. I always love to see the changes in the fitteds craze! It always seems like something comes and goes.
My 1st stash of diapers was about 16 Pocket Change Diapers from Montana's Diaper Store (Now Natural Baby Company) What a fun way to remember years past on Diaperswappers!
I'm pretty sure I've met the girl that started Diaperswappers years ago, before the site change. Anyone ever meet her online?
I still have my pocket change diapers. I loved how the insert came out in the wash.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
BunnyMcFluff
Registered Users
seller

11 years ago, when I was first starting out, the hot diapers were Baby Moon, Cloth Baby, Luke's Drawers, Suzie's One Size, Cuddlebuns, Poochies, Fuzbaby, Little Caboose and Fireflies. There were LOTS more--fitteds were HOT back then.

By the end of diapering my oldest, folks were ALL ABOUT Honeyboys. Those were the first diapers I ever saw auction off for $200. Fuzzibunz were just beginning to be widely available, and were made of thick fleece inner and outer. The first of the wool interlock and jersey covers covers were new (Kangaroo Korner had the first ones I ever saw and they were great!), and knitted wool wasn't very popular yet. That craze mostly started out with Kool Sheep soakers a few years later (?). The only auction/selling site was WAHMall when I started, and congos were coming out but I think that wasn't quite so long ago. Tuesday Bear, anyone? I never found out what happened to Terri.

We mostly still had toploaders back then, and the go to detergent was Surf. No special diaper detergents, and if anyone used any additives, it was washing soda or oxyclean. Funky diapers were unheard of.

Geez, that was a long time ago.

Last edited by BunnyMcFluff; 06-22-2011 at 11:51 AM.
BunnyMcFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #29
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it was Nanipoos, GMs, and BGs.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
girlymama0104
Registered Users
seller

I remember Little Lambs- they were AWFUL. I know I still have the Harleez, FB and First Class Baby dipes down in my basement. I never pulled them out for my DS. The elastic in the FB is SHOT and there is just too many new and fun things to try. When I saved them I didn't anticipate it would be almost 6 years before I had my next baby.

I have a couple old pics in my photobucket- This was my dd in a Beccabottoms. LOVED these dipes. She is 7 now My older dd is 9.5

Here are a couple of my DS in an old HoneyBoy! from my DD. He didn't wear it much because it is pretty girly, but I couldn't resist it a few times

Last edited by girlymama0104; 06-22-2011 at 11:33 AM.
girlymama0104 is offline   Reply With Quote