Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #41
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ethical question about Ameda

Hilary...I have a brand new Medela PIS I only used 3x with Ayla. I lost some of the flanges in the move but I do have the bag w/the pump and a few stray pieces. Let me know if you are interested .

Advertisement

ecbcmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #42
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecbcmomma
Hilary...I have a brand new Medela PIS I only used 3x with Ayla. I lost some of the flanges in the move but I do have the bag w/the pump and a few stray pieces. Let me know if you are interested .
Oh! I will mention it to DH. Our finances are not good right now but he should be getting reimbursement money from our move soon which we could use.

Thanks everyone for all the info in WIC!
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #43
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Oh! I will mention it to DH. Our finances are not good right now but he should be getting reimbursement money from our move soon which we could use.

Thanks everyone for all the info in WIC!
We just enrolled in WIC here in VA and they loan electric pumps to moms who work and women who want to pump for personal reasons are given (not loaned) a manual pump. HTH
Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #44
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was given a medela PISA free from wic and it was amazing. I used it randomly and when I had mastitis (awful). I would buy it if I had to buy one
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #45
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I definitely know it will suck. My SIL EP'd for 6 months and told me she would never do it again. I just can't imagine feeling such anger and hate toward another child the way I did with Aubrey . It was horrible. Breastfeeding is supposed to bring out all these great hormones and make you feel great but I just had to sit there cringing and focus on not becoming too angry at my baby.

I may look into donor milk actually because I may just start developing these feelings anyway, toward the pump and not a person, and bring that into my relationship with my children and husband.

I would love therapy but I have such horrible stranger anxiety that I don't see myself ever going to see a stranger about my problems. I mean, I can't even go through drive thrus because I am so fearful of talking to people I do not know.
You should try though for the sake of your family and so that you can have a more normal life. It can't be good for you to be so isolated because you're afraid of people you don't know.

Also, have you check this page out: http://www.d-mer.org/ Might give you some information too.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 AM   #46
aunt_freya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Thank you for all the info on the pumps!!! I'll be researching all the options out there now to try to find the best one for me.

Elisabeth-I'm planning on EPing because I had a really horrid time with nursing Aubrey. I have a whole lot of anxiety issues, issues with being touched, sexual things that happened as a child that make it very uncomfortable for people to touch me. I felt very trapped while nursing Aubrey. I spent most of the 15 months lashing out at her for needing to nurse and then crying at the end of the day because I felt like such a horrible person. It was not healthy for either of us. I decided to EP this time so that our whole family can be a little happier.
Quote:
I definitely know it will suck. My SIL EP'd for 6 months and told me she would never do it again. I just can't imagine feeling such anger and hate toward another child the way I did with Aubrey . It was horrible. Breastfeeding is supposed to bring out all these great hormones and make you feel great but I just had to sit there cringing and focus on not becoming too angry at my baby.

I may look into donor milk actually because I may just start developing these feelings anyway, toward the pump and not a person, and bring that into my relationship with my children and husband.

I would love therapy but I have such horrible stranger anxiety that I don't see myself ever going to see a stranger about my problems. I mean, I can't even go through drive thrus because I am so fearful of talking to people I do not know.
Quote:
I think I am going to go with the Lansinoh or the "purple cousin or sister or whatever" of the Ameda. If that motor goes out on me half way through, oh well, since they don't cost that much. Thanks for all the help everyone. With the state of my emotional and mental health, this is what is best for our family. And usually I don't use that phrase because I think it's thrown around a lot to justify not so good or lazy parenting choices. This way my child can still get breastmilk and not have me yelling at them or angry at them because they need to eat. My poor DD had to be on the receiving end of that for 15 months and I just really do not want to put myself or my family through that again.

Outside of the breastfeeding issue, your posts indicate a need for some serious help. Children live what they learn, and what you are teaching is incredibly dysfunctional.

Pumping is not easy. Pumping takes time away from your baby. Pumping doesn't solve the underlying issues that make connecting with your baby in the most natural way in the world impossible for you.

To the bolded, that is a big, fat, juicy rationalization for not getting yourself the help you need. It is also one of the most incendiary statements I've seen on DS.

If you won't get help, at least buy a good pump. More money up front will save your from buying two (or more) pumps.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #47
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_freya View Post
To the bolded, that is a big, fat, juicy rationalization for not getting yourself the help you need. It is also one of the most incendiary statements I've seen on DS.
momtoGcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #48
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

It can be tough reaching out and getting help, but you have to remember that your kids are worth it to have a mom who is fully functional and YOU are worth it. Please don't take my comments (or anyone else's hopefully) as preachy, just a concern for a fellow mom and human being!!! Beside that point, WIC loans pumps out if you need them, but you may have to express to them why. My clinic has a shortage on them, but gave me one when my lo was hospitalized and asked no other questions about it. A suggestion though, if you are going to EP, start pumping like crazy right from the start so you can have a massive stash going. By ep'ing, you may not go longer than 5/6 months and still give all your lo needs. Hopefully you can, but if you start off super strong, making more than you need, you could potentially pump for longer. Formula is not evil, but bm is def the best stuff. Donor milk can cost $$$ and if for whatever reason you eventually have to ff because of no more milk, just know that you gave them the absolute best start you could have. We could never know you situation or feelings, but I certainly hope that everything works out for you and I wish you nothing but the best in the future! Take care mama!!
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #49
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm planning on EPing because I had a really horrid time with nursing Aubrey. I have a whole lot of anxiety issues, issues with being touched, sexual things that happened as a child that make it very uncomfortable for people to touch me. I felt very trapped while nursing Aubrey. I spent most of the 15 months lashing out at her for needing to nurse and then crying at the end of the day because I felt like such a horrible person. It was not healthy for either of us. I decided to EP this time so that our whole family can be a little happier.
You are such a great mama for EP'ing for you baby after all you've been through, and for BFing Aubrey.
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #50
NewCDerInCO
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but maybe I overlooked it: Hygeia is a good pump brand, cheaper than Medela, better suction than Ameda.