View Poll Results: At what age did you or do you plan to stop cosleeping?
Birth to 1yr 68 34.69%
1yr to 2yr 44 22.45%
2yr to 3yr 33 16.84%
3yr to 4yr 20 10.20%
Over 4yrs old 31 15.82%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
At what age did you or do you plan to stop cosleeping?

Ds is 21mo and has coslept with us since he was born. Lately DPs back has been having issues and we only have a queen size bed(getting a little small)....He has mentioned it in the past about wanting to get DS used to his bed but then also does say he likes him being in bed with us....I'm so torn. I absolutly don't want to give up this special time with us, but I don't want to cause DP anymore discomfort with his back. Last night I brought the crib(that we've never used still ) up to the bed with the one rail off and that gave us some extra room, but I was so sad even though he was right there somthing about him not being right in my arms was hard. Now I know it might sound as though I'm too attached but I don't feel that is the case, I think I just really love cosleeping....So to make a long story short....At what age did you stop or are you planning on stoping cosleeping. Thanks for listening mamas and any advice would be so great.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Melissa~BHS
B/S/T with caution~ Ignoring attempts to resolve FSOT issue.

My Mood:
Re: At what age did you or do you plan to stop cosleeping?

It was at a different time with each of our children. My dd Lauren co slept for the longest time, until she was just over 2 yrs old. Hannah co slept just a few times - SHE didn't like it. She wanted her own space, to stretch and move around. She was a big baby and was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old, so she went into the crib next to our bed then. My ds David co slept for about a year. After his first birthday he would lay down for the night in his crib, and then come into our bed in the morning. At about 18 months he stopped doing that.
My oldest daughter co slept until she was about a year old. Her father (my ex) did not like her in our bed. She would come in after she woke up in the morning - and then after we separated when she was 2 she started co sleeping with me again, until she was 3.

Melissa~BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

When the kids are ready!!!! DS is almost 3 & DD is 15months - neither are at all close to being ready! We have a Cali-King Size bed so room isnt an issue for us, theres tons of room!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

For us, it depends on the child. Our firstborn coslept with us until around 6 months, he is a tosser/turner and he just wouldn't settle good in the bed with us. Same with our 3rd baby.. I really wanted her to sleep with us longer but at 8 month-ish we moved her to her crib and she has been there since with no problems at all. Before when she was in the bed with us she would always get up to eat in the middle of the night, she would be up and down. Once she was in her crib she slept solid all night.

That said our 2nd baby was a totally different story! She never slept in a crib (maybe once for a nap)! She coslept from birth until like 3 years old, then we moved her to a toddler bed.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

We will stop when the child no longer wishes to sleep with us. Our DD will be six this summer and still sleeps with us and of course the baby does too.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
huggerwocky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2-3 years. if possible I want her to sleep in her bed then as we want to have another baby when she's 3 and I don't want her to think she had to make space for the baby. if she's not ready I will not kick her out though. I'll give it at least 6 months transitioning time.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
Brenda
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I voted 4+ yrs but I will leave that up to the kids. JJ stopped cosleeping when he was 4 because he wanted to make room for Elias..lol. Elias is almost 17 mos and he will stay with us until he wants out
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My youngest is 26 months and he doesnt like to sleep to with n e one so we have never co slept with him. My 3 1/2 yr old on the other hand has slept with me since day 1 and still does. I think if he decides he doesnt want to in the future ( wich I am sure he will but hopefully not soon ) I will be heartbroken. Im soo used to it myself that I dont wanna give it up either.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

We started Emma sleeping in a side-car'd crib at about 1 1/2. She would stay in it for part of the night before scooting over into our bed. Then we moved her to a toddler bed in our room last week (she's almost 2 1/2). She falls asleep in our bed and then I move her when I come to bed. She's been staying in her bed till about 4 am so far.

It was harder than I thought it would be when we moved her to the toddler bed. She seemed a million miles away the 1st few nights even though she was only a few feet away...but it's much better now, the 3 of us in a queen gets a little crowded! And it had to be done, b/c the new baby will need the side car'd crib next week!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we co-sleep from birth to 1 year then i start using the crib
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote