View Poll Results: At what age did you or do you plan to stop cosleeping?
Birth to 1yr 68 34.69%
1yr to 2yr 44 22.45%
2yr to 3yr 33 16.84%
3yr to 4yr 20 10.20%
Over 4yrs old 31 15.82%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #21
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: At what age did you or do you plan to stop cosleeping?

Well, we never *planned* to co- sleep. Before our first was born, I would have said we were NEVER going to co- sleep. I didn't like the idea at all. Besides, beds are for mommies and daddies, cribs are for babies . A was about a week old when we moved her to our bed since I was getting NO sleep. She moved out when she was about 10 months or so, but even at 4 she comes into our bed maybe once a month.

Selah is lousy at co- sleeping. Still, she slept with us for maybe 6 months or so and now only comes in every so often. She is a very restless sleeper, so when she does co- sleep none of us get any rest

KB slept in her crib every night from about 2 months, and only came into our bed around 11 or 12. Now though she sleeps in her bed all night, every night, only occasionally waking to nurse but going right back to her bed. It works for us

Advertisement

Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #22
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When DS decides he wants his own bed.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #23
2Boys1Girl4Me
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that doing the sidecar thing with the crib is a good first step if you're planning on moving him anytime soon. I didn't co-sleep with my first at all, my 2nd until 14 months and my DD off and on as needed even now (she's 21 months).
Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #24
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We stopped cosleeping with each of our 3 boys when they were around 18 months. For us this means they stopped sleeping in our beds, however that does not mean they were out of our room. We had ds #1 in his toddler bed in our room on one side and ds#2 in the crib sidecart our bed on the other side (I was preggo with ds#3 and ds#2 is a kicker in his sleep). We had just moved into a two bedroom apt and didn't want to totally change everything by throwing them into their own rooms. After about 2-3 months (when I was about ready to pop with ds#3) we got them use to sleeping in their room and it really wasn't that hard. They had each other and were just fine with it. In Feb we moved into a big 3 bdrm house (we are renting it!) and ds#3 is just now finally ready to sleep in his own toddler bed with ds#2. Ds#1 has his own room now...although it does have bunk beds and ds#2 goes to sleep in there every now and again. Sometimes we still have to put ds#3 in our bed to get him to sleep then we switch him to his own bed and he sleeps through the night there. We never even force them out of our bed and most of the time it is thier idea. We have always asked them if they wanted to sleep in their "big boy bed" in their "big boy room!" and they seem to like the idea. Oh and when they decided to make the switch to their own room we took them out and bought them thier own special "big boy blanket" Ds#2 carries his everywhere and has to have it no matter if he's just nappin on the couch or sleeping over a grandmom's. We are getting ready to take ds#3 out to get his. Ok this is really long...I'm sorry but I hoped it helped a little.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #25
rizomomof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When ever my kids want to my dd that is 11 will still sneak in good deal we have a cal king to
rizomomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #26
homeschoolingmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 3.5 and she is just now sleeping all night in her bed (most nights LOL)... She has gone to bed in her bed sice she was 18 mos or so, but always got up to sleep w/ us during the night until recently... my older ds didn't cosleep (never would have occured to me when he was a baby!!!), youngest ds is 5 wks & will for as long as he wants (up to about 3.5/4 yrs!)

homeschoolingmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #27
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I slept in my parents bed untill I was 11, and then I slept on the floor in their room untill i was like 13. We have our DD who is almost 3 moths old sleep with us right now, but when she is sleeping through the night regulaly, we are going to move her into her own room. It was very hard for me to get used to sleeping alone, had it not been for the fact tha I was sent to boarding school for part of highschool, I really don't know how things would have been. I think that once a child gets used to that comfort of sleeping with their parents it will be impossible, and very scary for them to transition into sleeping alone, i know it was for me.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #28
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

My dd's chose when to stop, DD1 stopped at 6 months, she enjoyed her own crib much more. DD2 still cosleeps on occasion, but almost never in the last month.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #29
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our version of cosleeping was DD sleeping in-between us in the Snuggle Nest and then in the bedside cosleeper after she outgrew it. I was in no hurry to move DD to her crib, but one day (around 10m,) we realized WE were the reason DD was waking so much. She was waking when we tiptoed in the room at night, when DH rolled over, when the alarm went off...we had to mover her out for her sake and she's slept MUCH better ever since!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #30
KnitLady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
When DS decides he wants his own bed.