Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
purpledayz
Registered Users

Bras for really large breasts?

My boobs are killing me! Prepregnancy I wore a 32DD now over 5 weeks PP I am measuring 32 I/J. Due to some severe old back injuries I have to have good support or I am in constant pain.

For now during the day I am wearing this bra from Anita in 32H http://www.anita.com/de-en/Products,..._Nursing%20bra. The cups are too small but it's the only thing I can find that is close to what I need.

At night I am sleeping in a 2x sports bra but it doesn't offer much support since the band is huge for me. This is giving me clogged ducts and if I wear it for too long caked breasts. The other day I didn't have a chance to get dressed until afternoon and ohhh boy did I regret that. Both breasts were stuffed so full of milk that I had a hard time getting the breast pump to stay attached until this morning. So two days and nights of PAIN

The frustration of not having a bra that fits, clogged ducts, and back pain are making me want to give this up. Between that and currently EP'ing due to DS being a preemie the only thing keeping me going is knowing how guilty I will feel for giving up BF'ing.

Some suggestions for a good bra would go a long way at making me a happy mommy. Please help!

Advertisement

purpledayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Dean7698
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bras for really large breasts?

Hi Mama! I don't know of a good nursing bra but a idea popped into my head. Is there a local lactation consultant that you could contact? I've heard that they are a good resource and have really helped alot of nursing mama's. Sorry you're experiencing such pain.
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

www.Breakoutbras.com
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
sandykay
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have large breasts too. I have actually found it a lot easier gettingregular bras and converting them into nursing bras myself. I know finding a 32 with large cup is hard as it is with out having to pay an arm and a leg for, but nursing is even harder. I would also check and see if there is a bra boutique close to you where they can measure you peoperly as well. I have also found some good bras amazon and check out momsmilkboutique.com and evealexander.com you may have to go up and band size to be able to fit a cup as well.
sandykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
momto3supercuties
Registered Users
seller

I've been trying for almost a year to find one that fits and I still haven't I am currently wearing an Anita 34H and the cups are too small also. But it gives good support, which is what I Need. I'm hoping to find a deal on something yet... Good luck!
momto3supercuties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried Bravado nursing bras? I was really big while breastfeeding and pregnancy...G cup and they are SO COMFORTABLE!!!
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are near a major city, try {intimacy} botique www.myintimacy.com. They will convert any bra to a nursing bra, and their fitters are great. I got a 34H with them and love it. PM me with your email address if you want a $20 off coupon.

Also try www.figleaves.com or www.bosombuddies.com.

I have the Anita, too... just like you and pp, cups a little small, but it it relatively supportive so I wear it a lot. I sleep in a Bravado S++ which would probably be a little small for you, but it would be better for sleep than the 2X sports bra I think.

Good luck mama!

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!

Last edited by sandy_dandy; 05-17-2010 at 09:02 PM.
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
Whits01
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivhop98 View Post
Have you tried Bravado nursing bras? I was really big while breastfeeding and pregnancy...G cup and they are SO COMFORTABLE!!!
I have 2 Bradavo nursing bras and I hate them.

I wear a Medela (with the underwires removed) and I love it!
Whits01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whits01 View Post
I have 2 Bradavo nursing bras and I hate them.

I wear a Medela (with the underwires removed) and I love it!
(the part about the medelas; I didn't hate, but didn't love, my bravados)

I am not as big busted/small banded as you (38I at my largest) but I have tried the bravado originals, fancee free, leading lady, and cantaloops, and my favorites for support are the medelas with the underwires removed. I was struggling with clogged ducts on the sides of my breasts from the other bras and removing the medela underwires did the trick perfectly. I wear majamas sleepy time bras at night and love them, but they don't offer a ton of support (I honestly needed something that offered a little *less* support for night, because that was the other thing causing the plugged ducts). HTH's mama! Good luck! It does get better, I promise.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #10
purpledayz
Registered Users

I've tried going up a band size to go down a cup size but it doesn't seem to work very well now. Before pregnancy I wore 34D instead of a 32DD and just stopped to adjust myself every once in awhile. Falling out the bottom of my bra drives me crazy.

How would I go about converting a regular bra to a nursing bra? Just cut the straps and add clips? I've been considering buying a regular bra and just taking it off whenever it's time to pump, but converting it would be much nicer.

The closest {Intimacy} is about 5 hours away in Atlanta. I really wish there was one in Jax because I would love to get a professional fitting done. During PG the crazy people at Motherhood Maternity told me I was a C cup, and the people at Lane Bryant decided on the same size I thought I was but they didn't carry it.

The next bra I am trying is the Bravado Sublime. The reviews I've seen say it isn't fantastic for support in larger sizes, but at least it comes in larger sizes.

Thanks for all the support and help!
purpledayz is offline   Reply With Quote