Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

More Qs about babies and bottles

Our situation: DD is just 9.5 weeks old and EBFed (no pacis, even). We've been trying for the last two weeks to get her to take a bottle of BM. We try every few days (DH does it) and we've tried 4 different bottles/nipples. She's refused all of them. The first, she latched and then pulled away screaming and the rest, she won't even latch around (so I'm not really looking for nipple suggestions because she hasn't really even tried them!). She just goes nuts screaming. We've been trying it that when she wakes up from a nap, I'm not around, just DH with a bottle...

I only want her to take a bottle occasionally... we have a funeral coming up I'd like to go to and stuff like groceries or the occasional lunch out...

My Qs:
- Does anyone have a baby that ALWAYS refused a bottle? As in, the never took one, even though you kept trying?
- Any tips on technique? Meaning, holding her in a certain position, time of day, etc?
- Will we reach a point in her development when 'if she hasn't taken it by now, she won't? Meaning, do we have a deadline just ahead of us?

DS took anything, and didn't care what was in there (he made a transition from BM to goats milk to cows milk with no issues... though when I tried to give him BM again when my milk came back he refused it!!!)

TIA!!

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: More Qs about babies and bottles

My 1st never took a bottle. I was back to work and she was in daycare, where they tried to give her a bottle 2x every day (they had to offer one by law regardless of whether she'd take it). She never took it. You can see a list of all the things we tried here: http://lactationnarration.com/index....take-a-bottle/ - maybe one of them will work for you.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Re: More Qs about babies and bottles

Wow what a great story!! Thanks for sharing

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote