View Poll Results: Who is at fault?
as the parent you are. you should watch your child closer. 26 17.11%
the park employee who opened the gate 75 49.34%
a little of both 51 33.55%
other 0 0%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I think the letter is great. You show restraint though. I would have gotten my child back & proceeded to lose my skittles on the turd at the gate.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Safety issue at sprayground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
I think the letter is great. You show restraint though. I would have gotten my child back & proceeded to lose my skittles on the turd at the gate.
dh lost it. poor girl was in tears. i went to talk to the manager but didnt get anywhere
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 06-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
yeah. i was watching her. but i was watching to make sure she was nice and considerate. my mind wasnt thinking that i had to keep her in the fence bc it was locked
Quote:
no i kind of get it. maybe i should have kept her closer. but as a huge helicopter mam i was trying to loosen up. i guess in the future(not there but elsewhere) i will keep them all with me, or within a few feet. i did take off when i saw the worker let her out of the gate but by the time i made it across the play area, the gate was locked again and i had to wait for her to fumble with the key.
Honestly I don't see that you did anything wrong, i've been to those indoor places in the past, wrist bands and all that security, i give the kids a little more space, knowing they can't leave, I just keep them in sight, I can see through the netting, they are out of sight for a minute and appear at the bottom of the slide. I would have thought this place was the same, I could sit and watch where they were going keeping them in sight, without hovering, knowing they can't leave the premises.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #14
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am surprised she didn't at least ask your LO where her mommy was or something. I can't beleive she let her go out without asking anything.

I am even more surprised your splashpads/parks are supervised....ours certainly aren't
Old 06-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #15
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
the spray structures go almost to the gate, like a 1 foot space between the water and gate. i saw her at the water/mushrooms over there and checked to make sure the gate was shut/locked and someone was watching it. since it was locked and the worker was there i wasnt concerned. i mistakenly thought she was safe. i choose to be by the gate that was open and unlocked bc the other looked "safe".
ok that makes a little more sense to me... all of the spray grounds i have ever been too are open with no gate/staff

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline View Post
ok that makes a little more sense to me... all of the spray grounds i have ever been too are open with no gate/staff
i think it give false security though. fence, locked gates, staff at gates you think the kids are safe inside, kwim?
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this was my first time at a sprayground
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
photomikey
Since there is reason to suspect that this user and CDMama12 are the same person and they have failed to repsond to pm's asking for clarification, both accounts are being banned.

I don't understand who could be at fault: nothing happened. I would have probably grouched at the person who let the kid out of the gate, but in the end, my kid, my job to keep an eye on them. And it seems like you did that.

Anyone who yells at an employee (what sounds like a teenage girl, in this case) and brings them to tears should be ashamed of themselves, particularly in a case where... nothing happened.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #19
pcjs
Registered Users

I said both as the teenager/staff should have sent the child back in/asked where her parents are, etc. and double check. I never ever would let someone else's child go anywhere without seeing an adult is behind them (it sometimes happens with runners at our gym and everyone is usually good about stopping them). BUT, as a parent (and I'm a huge helicopter parent as is generally my husband), ultimately as parents its our responsibility, not someone else's to keep our child/ren safe in less we leave them in full care of someone else. I don't generally trust anyone's judgement in those situations and in a big open place, even fenced as fences give a false sense of security) would not stay more than a few feet away at most (usually far less).
Old 06-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #20
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomikey View Post
I don't understand who could be at fault: nothing happened. I would have probably grouched at the person who let the kid out of the gate, but in the end, my kid, my job to keep an eye on them. And it seems like you did that.

Anyone who yells at an employee (what sounds like a teenage girl, in this case) and brings them to tears should be ashamed of themselves, particularly in a case where... nothing happened.
you're right nothing happened...this time. what about next time? when the kid goes into the busy parking lot instead yes i raised a stink but if it prevents someone from actually getting hurt, its worth it.
Closed Thread