Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Carrier question

So my dad may have accidentally given my Ergo to Goodwill and I have to have to have to have a SSC for my plane trip THURSDAY. If I get the Ergo I am already comfortable with it and I can get the backpack carrier to make air travel a lot easier on me OR I can get the Boba with the leg stirrups and extra back support for my tall wiggler. So eeny meeny. Which one should I go for? I don't know anyone anywhere near me that sells Bobas so if I DO go with that I need to order it STAT so it will be here by Wednesday. Should I just get the Ergo? I am sad to spend so much $$ and mad that I have too

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Carrier question

you should probably post in the babywearing forum but I'm in the same boat. I sold my Ergo and am trying to decide between a beco and a boba. I tried the beco and it was way more comfortable for me than the ergo but a little harder to get DS on my back. I cant figure out where I can find a boba to try though!

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm I never considered the Becco really. I suppose I could always try one at the local place (they sell Ergo's too) but DS never goes for the back carry. He super hates it although I haven't tried in awhile. He may do better now. Aren't Becco's a lot more pricey tho?
Old 06-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

mabye 25$ more than the original model of the ergo I think. It was way more comfy and i'm prego. I had to quit wearing the ergo but I could wear the beco now.

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'd go for a boba, i always wanted to try one. since you have to buy something, i'd try something new unless you really loved the ergo.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I liked it because HE liked it but I never achieved any of that touted zen-comfort while wearing it so I had no real special attachment to it lol
Old 06-27-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree, wrong place for this post, but I still want to help!

I love the Beco Gemini for little babies but vastly prefer the Ergo for 5 months and up. The Gemini is just too narrow in the crotch area for bigger babies.

I think you should try them on though, it's the only way to find out what's most comfy for you and baby.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #8
soccermama13
Registered Users
seller

If your LO is over 6 mos I would get the Boba. I love how the back goes up higher on them and the foot stirrups. I found it to be comfy and the shoulder straps not as thick/poofy as ergo.

Becco had a different feel that I didnt like as much as the other two.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #9
Andithan
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hey there!

Have you ever considered a Patapum??? It's a lot like the Ergo carrier, but I like it's back support better and it's head/neck support for a sleepy baby/toddler. I think they are pretty reasonably priced too. I LOVE mine.

Also, if you just need a quick fix. Have you considered a Mai Tai Carrier??? I have I've of these as well and my DS loves it! Plus it's quick, cheap and gets the job done well :-)

I have a Moby wrap that I think is great foe little babies, but it can be nerve racking when putting on right (thank heavens for YouTube!). I loved using my Moby when my DH and DS were under 5 mo.

There is also always the tradition ring sling. I wore my DH in one until she was 2 and it worked great!

I am a major baby wearer and advocate! I love baby carriers and trying out dif ones. I hope at least one of my suggestions help you! Take care! :-)

Sent by theNODmama's iPhone :-)
Old 06-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love, love, love my Boba! I have tried on other carriers (including the ergo and beco) and I like the Boba so much more