Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #91
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you cover up when nursing in public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow Mountain Crafts View Post
I dont mean to threadjack, but I have seen lots of moms here say that when they are nursing you cant see anything because babys head covers it. Umm... no. What about those of us with huge boobs? Does anyone know a good solution for NIP in that situation? I was afraid to last time because it was just so much work - with an H-I cup there is no way to just wear a tank. I have to wear a nursing bra and then a tank to cover my belly. Getting all of that unhooked is enough trouble so I would love to find an easier solution.
With DS2 I ended up giving up on BFing because it was just so much trouble and he was allergic to everything. We were both miserable. This time I want to make it work.
AMEN!!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #92
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b3 View Post
I nurse ds everywhere. I don't use a cover. But I always wear an undertank so my muffin isn't hanging out
This exactly! I could care less if my boob is exposed, but if someone catches a glimpse of my bare belly? Total mortification .
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #93
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow Mountain Crafts View Post
I dont mean to threadjack, but I have seen lots of moms here say that when they are nursing you cant see anything because babys head covers it. Umm... no. What about those of us with huge boobs? Does anyone know a good solution for NIP in that situation? I was afraid to last time because it was just so much work - with an H-I cup there is no way to just wear a tank. I have to wear a nursing bra and then a tank to cover my belly. Getting all of that unhooked is enough trouble so I would love to find an easier solution.
With DS2 I ended up giving up on BFing because it was just so much trouble and he was allergic to everything. We were both miserable. This time I want to make it work.
Big boob mama here. 36H. I NIP all the time, never use a cover. Best solution I have found is to use something along the lines of a Belly Band (you know, those pregnancy belly cover things?). I put that on under my t-shirt (sometimes a nursing tank but usually the belly band). It is tight fitting, so does not interfere with lifting of shirt, and since it does not cover bra, no interference with opening of bra. And yeah, some of my breast tissue shows, but none of the essential parts (areola and nipple), unless someone comes up and tries to talk to DS while he is nursing. If someone does that, they deserve an eye full of nipple, and the possible spray in the face that comes when he unlatches. I do try to be discreet, but I don't let exposure of breast tissue worry me.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #94
Esmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I nurse anywhere and rarely cover BUT I do always when a tank under my shirt so my suphirt goes up, tank down and only enough showing for him to latch and then you dont see anything.Now I will cover with a receiving blanket in church.Out in public if its super busy somewhere or walking with wind I may cover with my sling tail or a blanket.Like you said you see more boobies in walmart than youd see with me nursing
I also live in a small town, I have never seen a momma nurse In my 2yrs of nursing.I have no shame or embarased because Im doing the best for him
Esmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #95
kathryngraces
Registered Users

My first time trying to NIP was 2 weeks ago in the DMV--I was so nervous, I think DS was catching my vibes, b/c he kept missing while trying to latch on, and was getting more & more frantic. I had a receiving blanket draped over, and couldn't see what I was doing... It was awful, I finally retreated to the bathroom to get things all situated, before coming back out. Self-conscious the whole time, though.

Yesterday, back out in the dentist's office, and walking down the street, NIP with no cover & no self-consciousness. Maybe I'm just more comfortable with it? A few weird looks, no comments, though.
kathryngraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #96
kathryngraces
Registered Users

My first time trying to NIP was 2 weeks ago in the DMV--I was so nervous, I think DS was catching my vibes, b/c he kept missing while trying to latch on, and was getting more & more frantic. I had a receiving blanket draped over, and couldn't see what I was doing... It was awful, I finally retreated to the bathroom to get things all situated, before coming back out. Self-conscious the whole time, though.

Yesterday, back out in the dentist's office, and walking down the street, NIP with no cover & no self-consciousness. Maybe I'm just more comfortable with it? A few weird looks, no comments, though.
kathryngraces is offline   Reply With Quote