Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2b3
I nurse ds everywhere. I don't use a cover. But I always wear an undertank so my muffin isn't hanging out
This!

Advertisement

Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma527
I nurse in public and honestly I don't think anyone really notices. The cover draws a lot more attention then not using it. I try my best to be modest but I may have flashed a few people.
Ditto. To me, it's a nonissue. I'm going to feed my baby regardless of the environment/company I'm in, and sometimes I try to cover and sometimes I don't.

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
MariposaJES
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you cover up when nursing in public?

I agree that the cover draws attention to what you are doing. However I do usually use the covers that I have. So far in the 12 years I have been a mom I have only seen one other woman breastfeed in public. I think that is sad and I think that we as breastfeeding woman should not be hiding in the bathrooms or our cars to feed our children. I have noticed an increase in woman breastfeeding and I hope we will become a more normal site, then it wouldn't be so taboo anymore. But getting off of my tangent, I say do what is most comfortable for you. I breast feed my son whenever he is hungry right where I am, although I do cover up.

Funny story one day when he was still a newborn we were trying to get a good latch and he somehow expossed me to the ENTIRE restaurant. This guy was totally staring at me. I was wondering what he was looking at and then I looked down and ta da breast to the world
MariposaJES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #14
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely! My boobs, my business I don't cover up as to not offend anyone though, I just am not comfortable nursing without a cover (even in front of my kids....). Just a personal thing. I do like to put my kiddos in BF advocacy shirts though and I never pump and feed a bottle in public, I always nurse in public, just with a thin cover. I think you should do what you feel comfortable with and as long as you aren't just completely whipping out a bare breast with no baby attached I wouldn't really worry about what others think!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never ever used a cover. No one has ever said anything to me and if they did I would probably tell them to beat it. I've never been concerned about offending anyone. Like someone else mentioned, I don't think most people even notice anyways. And personally, I would feel silly wearing a nursing cover. They're often covered in such a bold ugly pattern and they look like a giant bib. Much more eye catching than a child simply snuggled up against your body in your arms.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #16
alice_hallett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Never used a nursing cover. Never got any comments about it except once my husband said he saw some shocked faces when I breastfed during church. No one ever said anything to me about so I kept on kept on
alice_hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #17
lovemygirlseques
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In the beginning when she was small I used a cover. I pretty much had to undress to get her latched on. Once she got older I gave up the cover, she hated being covered. Now I just pull my shirt down once she's latched on and maybe I will use a small blanket to cover the top of my breast if needed.

I also agree with PP who said the cover attracts more attention then not using one.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
Kbunz14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a shawl to cover up, not for others comfort but my own. I also try to find a place out of the way and semi 'private' once again for my own comfort. I've never had stares or comments so I'll keep doing what I do
Old 06-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #19
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I, too, wear a tank underneath to cover myself when I raise my shirt. If I cover - depends on the heat and number of weirdos around, honestly - it is usually with just a receiving blanket. I always forget to bring a burp cloth, so the blanket gets used for burping, too. I prefer to not cover and just arrange my shirts so that very little skin shows, but if I'm somewhere that I feel really conspicuous, I'll definitely get the blanket out.

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #20
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't feel the need to cover up. I wear a nursing tank under my clothing. So when I nurse my stomach is covered, and my shirt that's lifted up covers the top of my breast. If someone was REALLY watching, they may get a glimpse of nipple while I get baby latched on.

But if you are more modest about your body, I would recommend a nursing cover that has the top that bends out so that you can look down at baby.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote