Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
southernmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP PLEASE!! Re: CPS...how much should my ds weigh? When should he hold his head

Oh and the head thing. My dd held her head up in the hospital and now at 15 weeks, she's still wobbly. They are babies, they are supposed to be learning how to move around.

Advertisement

MAMA to 4 GIRLS- 12/96, 12/03, 4/05, 12/06
and my baby boy who waits in heaven with Jesus (2/17/03-2/18/03)

Old DS Feedback
southernmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Re: CPS...how much should my ds weigh? When should he hold his head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaskc View Post
I forgot to mention that my Mom was taking up for me & told her that he eats plenty often & that he *always* "runs over" everytime (meaning usually spits up a little) & her reply was "well, when babies are starving their bellies get used to only getting a little & gradually shrink, so they will get full with only a little bit."

Mind you, when I'm away he chugs down a full 4 oz bottle. Is that not enough for a baby his age? (11 wks)

Thanks for all the replies! She is a complete nut-case. What really kills me about the whole thing is that she & I are the only 2 that have the same "blood". I am the oldest of 7 (raised by different sets of parents), she is 3 years younger than me, and we have both the same parents. We should be so close...I'm so jealous of people who have good relationships with their siblings...my 1/2 sister (whom I was raised with & consider to be my *sister* is 6 years younger than I, and I babysit her 7 month old ds (he's in some of the pics). We get along pretty well, but she doen't very well w/ M either...This is just part of what she's done to me in the past...she's hacked into my email accounts, written derrogatory letters about myself, other sister & parents to their employers, hacked into my cell phone account & paid $300 on a bill out of my checking account, causing it to become overdrawn, and eventually be closed, and my phone turned off...still there's more...

Do any of you mamas have any legal background, or advice for stopping hackers/identity theives as well? I've had ENOUGH of her & I"m ready to nail her @$$ to the wall...she's done messing with me & my family!!!!
Don't know if this helps but here's a link about VOCAL (victims of child abuse laws)

http://www.childprotectionreform.org...cal_advice.htm
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #13
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

What a beautiful, happy, healthy looking LO! Your Mom and Sis have issues. I would distance myself from them. Even if they mean to help, the are doing it in a harmful way.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
Lizzy
Registered Users

My Mood:

what a charming looking little boy! i have a few points to make- #1, my son is just shy of 14 months and he's only 20lbs 26", so your baby is not small! he is also twice as big as DS was at his age, he didn't get to 8 lbs till he was 3 1/2 months old- you sister is full of it. #2, BF is the best thing you can do for him, your body makes milk special for him, the formula manufactorers don't. if you COULDN't for any reason, that would be ok, but the fact that you are shows that you are a loving, concienciouse mother. #3, having a dirty house doesn't give CPS the right to take your kids- haveing an UNSAFE house does. living with kids means at some point your house is going to be so dirty it looks more like a mountain range then a living area :-) don't feel bad.

anyway, if you were there when your sister was fauning over your DS- why didn't you just take him away from her? obviousely she isn't ready to make peace so why should she have any right to snuggle your son? at any rate, learn your rights about CPS, and get professional statements from your DR or a BF consoltant like at a support clinic, if you can show them that you are not harming your kids and that you are trying, they can't do anything. good luck with your sister.

i guess that makes me the ringleader!
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Your baby looks completely fine and normal to me, your sis needs to get her nose out of your business with her accusations, she has issues and needs to take care of them before going after you, i think your doing a great job and he may be a slow gainer now but that won't last long
btw he is such a cutie~pie!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #16
dbassett
Registered Users

OMGoodness he looks PERFECT!!! I have a skinny guy and my mom was on about how skinny babies grow up to be fat...everybody always has something to say about what you're doing wrong. Your DS is sooooooo cute!
I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #17
jbaskc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
anyway, if you were there when your sister was fauning over your DS- why didn't you just take him away from her? obviousely she isn't ready to make peace so why should she have any right to snuggle your son?
I kinda thought the same thing well afterward... DH & I actually mentioned to each other, in the car when we were leaving, that she actually acted civil this time...I've not seen her for MONTHS. The more I thought about it, the more evident it bacame that she did in fact *ignore* us, and Mom even asked me today if she looked at or acknowledged either of us...nope, she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmama View Post
First of all, i would make sure she has no contact with your son, period. Make the websiter with the pics, password protected and do not allow your mother to watch your son while she is there.
Mom also suggested that I just tell her not to touch him if it happens again. I will do it next time, if there is a next time. I knew she was coming to get her ds, and I actually wanted to get outta there before she came, but we were too late

Thanks so much for all the links! I'm gettin some good info. I LOVE THIS PLACE!
jbaskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #18
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
What a beautiful, happy, healthy looking LO! Your Mom and Sis have issues. I would distance myself from them. Even if they mean to help, the are doing it in a harmful way.
((((hugs)))) first off. SEcondly, ditto this poster. I think you need to stay away from your sis and you might need to back off from your Mom too- or at least tell your MOm that if she visits her grandchild, your sisters name cannot come up. Your sister is out to get you - she has some issues she's taking out on you to take the attention off of her. I'm no shrink but I think that's pretty obvious. As hard as it is w/ a newborn, I'd make sure the house is always clean, etc. what a pain though. Its like you are assuming you are guilty and making yourself look as perfect as you can, but its almost like you have to!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

baby looks perfect to me. I pulled out my dds baby books so I could give you some comparison #s. DD1 was 9lb11oz 21.5" (born at 39w4d) at 2mos, DD2 was 10lb7oz 23.25" (born at 40w6d) at 2mos, DD3 was 9lbs 22" at 2mos (born at 38w3d).
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's some news for your darling Sis...that is NOT a skinny baby. Just look at his cheeks. He is obviously well fed. to her and
for you.
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote