Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We often use a MEOS (the regular terry because the bamboo doesn't hold nearly as much) with a stay-dry snap-in insert and a Hemp Babies Little Weeds under the snap-in insert all underneath a pair of wool longies I crocheted. I also sometimes use recycled longies. I don't think the wool matters nearly as much as what's underneath it.

Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need a natural night solution please help!

I love my ME Sandy's organic cotton fitteds (for some reason the organic cotton hold a lot more than the regular cotton for me). They are well-constructed and durable, work great, holds a lot, reasonably priced. You can add their stay dry doubler for even more absorbency (and I truly love their stay dry better than any other stay dry out there--it's much better than fleece and suedecloth).

For the wool cover I prefer interlock wool b/c it's easier to care for, I just machine wash and I've now even figured out how to machine-lanolize. Disana is supposed to be machine washable so you might be fine there. I know all the US retailers say Disana runs large but in my experience there is some shrinkage if you handle it semi-roughly like I did... and in that case they shrink down to the size on the label.

If you do get the Sandy's (or any ME product) you need a wool cover that has more coverage because ME diapers are full-cut. Disana is obviously fine but some wool wraps may not cover a ME.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Either the BG elementals or the organic cotton Flip inserts are both great for night. I'm also a big fan of Joey Bunz in any cover & Firefly fitteds (they are all organic cotton, come in sizes, a choice of natural or colors & even offer a special night time fitted with glow in the dark snaps).

Personally, I found wool in general to be a bust for very heavy wetters but did like the Imse Vimse wool covers for non-heavy wetters. They have gussets & are even machine washable.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
umajo
Registered Users
seller

I like the meos cotton with stay dry lining and the snap in doubler. I stick a hemp insert in there too for my toddler. The crotch is quite wide so it's easy to add extra stuffing if needed. I haven't been using wool lately; I usually use a sugar peas fleece cover, and it works great!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
mderamus
Registered Users

Pooters fitteds - hands down their the best! Affordable (only $12) and super absorbent (made from organic hemp or bamboo). You don't need to stuff them or add anything and they come with a snap-in soaker and booster. Check them out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150211483868790.322140.353724488789
mderamus is offline   Reply With Quote