Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Charlies Soap question

I'm thinking about switching completely over to Charlies for all our laundry. My husbands work clothes are FR (flame retardant) and he's nervous about me using Charlies with his clothes. I was thinking it shouldn't be a problem since there is no fabric softener used. I saw on Charlies website that the soap helped the FR with kids clothes and thought it might be the same with his clothes. I emailed Charlies over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them. I wasn't sure if any of you ladies have had any experience with FR clothes and Charlies before.
Thanks so much!!

Advertisement

Last edited by cyanotype; 06-27-2011 at 06:10 PM.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Selene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlies Soap question

don't know about the FR issue, but we use Charlie's on all our laundry and I am quite happy with it. If it helps with the FR on kid's clothes, I would imagine it's the same for your hubby's work clothes. Do you have to use a special detergent on his clothes right now?
I'd call Charlie's and ask if you are worried...their customer service number is 800-854-3541. I've never had to call but I hear they are usually pretty helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
don't know about the FR issue, but we use Charlie's on all our laundry and I am quite happy with it. If it helps with the FR on kid's clothes, I would imagine it's the same for your hubby's work clothes. Do you have to use a special detergent on his clothes right now?
I'd call Charlie's and ask if you are worried...their customer service number is 800-854-3541. I've never had to call but I hear they are usually pretty helpful.
I just can't use fabric softener with his clothes, so I usually separate his out. I was thinking it would be okay since it's suppose to help with FR kids clothes. I'll try calling them tomorrow, I totally forgot about actually being able to talk to a human. :P Thanks for the number!
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

since it is a soap and not a detergent it doesn't leave any residue on clothes and will actually remove residue buildup from detergents after a few rounds in your washer. I use Charlies on everything. It is cheap. It works. Its green and local! I <3 it