Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Night time leaks with Softbums

My son is having leak issues at night which has just started (since we began using softbums anyways) They do gap around the belly when he sleeps..... what do you suggest would help us?

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night time leaks with Softbums

I don't have leak problems at the waist, but I did have leak problems with softbums. I tri-folded microfiber towels and put them under the insert. It solved our leak problems. I bought the target ones that are about the size of a hand towel, the are white and grey with orange edge. They were in the automotive section. I haven't had leaks since I started doing that, turns out DD was just a very heavy wetter. They are often on sale for a dozen for $5. It's worth a try, and it worked for my friend who was also having leaks with a different brand.
nebraskamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
sbay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi mama!

To get a perfect fit with SoftBums, you may need to actually loosen the legs a bit to give you more room, so you can pull the waist in tighter.

Point your son's business down too , and pull the pod up high enough to catch everything. When the diaper is on and you peek inside, the Pod should be about 1/2" down from the top edge.

Once you get that waist tighter, you'll notice less leaks right away. But, if the legs are too snug you won't be able to cinch the waist up enough to get a good fit.

If your baby is 3 mo or younger the waist should be able to tighten enough so that tabs overlap, or almost overlap in front.

Also, as with any new diaper you must make sure it's totally prepped before doing the overnight test. Prewash can take up to 10 washes before it's fully prepped.

Good luck!!

SoftBums covers, made in USA!! Check out our BLOG Giveaways!!!
sbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I will have to try to tighten them properly tonight. If that does not work maybe I will be able to pick up some towels tomorrow. My DS is 14 months and about 24 pounds. Thanks for the help mamas.

Any other advice is helpful! He co-sleeps and I am tried of being peed on!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
aliciamarie632
Registered Users
seller

I agree with Sarah. The inserts need up pretty high pretty much right behind the velcro strip and then make sure the rise is high enough for a tight waist. My DS2 is a pretty heavy wetter at night though so we never use Softbums at night. They're so trim that we wouldn't be able to stuff them with enough (he needs a flip organic, regular microfiber insert, and car towel insert to make it through!). They're are go to day diaper though and are the only diaper we'll use under jeans
aliciamarie632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
sbay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciamarie632 View Post
I agree with Sarah. The inserts need up pretty high pretty much right behind the velcro strip and then make sure the rise is high enough for a tight waist.

My DS2 is a pretty heavy wetter at night though so we never use Softbums at night. They're so trim that we wouldn't be able to stuff them with enough (he needs a flip organic, regular microfiber insert, and car towel insert to make it through!).

They're are go to day diaper though and are the only diaper we'll use under jeans
Yes, that! lol

You have a trade off for an ultra trim diaper, and that is lack of super absorbency for nights. I would honestly never recommend an aio, or ai2 for use as a night time diaper unless it's huge and bulky. You can do tricks to make them work for night if need be. For our son we added an extra OS Pod, or 2 doublers, and then put a Dappi pull on cover over the whole thing! Worked great actually.

But, if you love your SoftBums for day, please try our OMNI for night! It's got a pocket so you can stuff it if you want, but most of all it's cut wider to accommodate more absorbency for night times. Most parents use SoftBums Echo for Day, and OMNI for nights

SoftBums covers, made in USA!! Check out our BLOG Giveaways!!!
sbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
mummy2lolo
Registered Users
Formerly: cay***ali

are you using the echo or omni shell? I love the omnis as you can stuff them with A LOT for nap times or bed time, you can use the insert and a doubler. I admit that I still haven't tried night time yet and have my LO in sposies, but for her long naps they have held up really well and could of even handled more soaking I think.
mummy2lolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I use both but usually only use Omni at night they just seem to cover more. I was considering two pods. I use the organic ones. I also use HH (which do not make the night with their inserts) so i put an organic pod and mini pod in the empty HH and it made it through the night so my guess it its probably a fit issue. I just need to adjust it I think. Hopefully I can find the new good fit for him. He probably just grew