Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you call BFing, and why?

When it's just us, my DH calls it 'boobfeeding'. For whatever reason, that bothered me at first. Not so much now

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #22
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I ususally say feed and my DH will say nurse. I will use breastfeeding vs the others if I am asking another mother how she feeds her baby.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #23
hippiemommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I mostly use "nursing", but like many others have mentioned: I'll use "breastfeeding" if clarification is needed.

DS1 calls it "breasting". SO FUNNY! My neighbor rang the doorbell the other day, and DS1 went to answer. I heard her ask if his Mom was home, and he simply replied, "She's in the den, breasting the baby." I. DIED. LAUGHING.

My ISO/IHA!
hippiemommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #24
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually say nurse, or I'll say something like "Gabriel wants some milk" - I'm trying to use 'milk' with the sign more often so he'll learn it earlier than his brother did

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 4yo dd calls it Mimi, and it stuck with the family. To others I say nursing, bf sounds clinical, and it's not just about food, kwim?
Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #26
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethan_77
My 4yo dd calls it Mimi, and it stuck with the family. To others I say nursing, bf sounds clinical, and it's not just about food, kwim?
This is funny because we call sleep 'mimi'... Around our house we would say "it's Mimi-time!" and your kiddos would have an entirely different concept.
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 AM   #27
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

We say breastfeeding, nursing, or feeding. If we are talking directly to one of the babies, we call it 'nummies', which is what my mom always called it and what all my sisters say. My twin nephews called it 'monies' for awhile because they couldn't say nummies.

Oh, and we also call it Mommy milk, mostly because DS2, who is 21 months, started saying it when he was about one. Little brother is about 7 weeks, so DS2 will say now that it is Sammie's Mommy Milk -- it is so sweet!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #28
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

I teach junior high, so I always say nursing to avoid saying breast in front of 13 year olds, although on occasion I have said breastfeeding, just never in a sentence with "I." Ex. Breastfeeding is an great benefit to babies / I nurse. But they ALL know I pump, and that when the door is locked with the cow picture up to come back later. I had some kids say it was GROOOOSSSSS, but it was cool when other kids - even boys - sort of came to my rescue and said it's the healthiest thing for babies. YEA!!! Not that I can't stick up for myself and my choices, I just usually say it's natural so get over it!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #29
___Krystal_
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just say I'm going to feed him. My little one on the other hand when he wants to eat he goes "booobooobooo" reaching out for me...

I Blog follow my daily life as a SAHM. I Earn Free Amazon GC With Swagbucks
___Krystal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #30
___Krystal_
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraE View Post
I teach junior high, so I always say nursing to avoid saying breast in front of 13 year olds, although on occasion I have said breastfeeding, just never in a sentence with "I." Ex. Breastfeeding is an great benefit to babies / I nurse. But they ALL know I pump, and that when the door is locked with the cow picture up to come back later. I had some kids say it was GROOOOSSSSS, but it was cool when other kids - even boys - sort of came to my rescue and said it's the healthiest thing for babies. YEA!!! Not that I can't stick up for myself and my choices, I just usually say it's natural so get over it!
When I was younger I use to always say it was gross and the "I would never do that." My mom hated when I said that. She breastfed 5 babies in her time. I don't know why I thought it was gross when I was younger since I had always been around it. Now I think it's the best way to go

I Blog follow my daily life as a SAHM. I Earn Free Amazon GC With Swagbucks
___Krystal_ is offline   Reply With Quote