Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
ayer79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
At home we say it's "boobie time", but out we say nurse. Hubby says breatfeed occasionally.

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #32
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you call BFing, and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraE View Post
I teach junior high, so I always say nursing to avoid saying breast in front of 13 year olds, although on occasion I have said breastfeeding, just never in a sentence with "I." Ex. Breastfeeding is an great benefit to babies / I nurse. But they ALL know I pump, and that when the door is locked with the cow picture up to come back later. I had some kids say it was GROOOOSSSSS, but it was cool when other kids - even boys - sort of came to my rescue and said it's the healthiest thing for babies. YEA!!! Not that I can't stick up for myself and my choices, I just usually say it's natural so get over it!
I love this! I think it's great that they know what you're doing. One day, one of those girls (or many of them!) will be wondering how she'll go back to work with a baby and she'll remember that in Jr High, her teacher pumped. What a great influence to have! YAY for you!!!

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #33
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Most frequently we say, "hittin' the tit," but usually breastfeeding or feed. I guess I just didn't hear nurse very frequently... I always read "breastfeeding" and the drs said breastfeeding.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #34
S4r4h
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraE
I teach junior high, so I always say nursing to avoid saying breast in front of 13 year olds, although on occasion I have said breastfeeding, just never in a sentence with "I." Ex. Breastfeeding is an great benefit to babies / I nurse. But they ALL know I pump, and that when the door is locked with the cow picture up to come back later. I had some kids say it was GROOOOSSSSS, but it was cool when other kids - even boys - sort of came to my rescue and said it's the healthiest thing for babies. YEA!!! Not that I can't stick up for myself and my choices, I just usually say it's natural so get over it!
This is so awesome!
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote