Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
meg321
Registered Users
seller

7/2 UPDATE-Prayers requested-placenta previa

7/2 I guess this will be my last update here...I went to the doctor yesterday for my 20 week ultrasound and my previa was gone! Everything looks great and I am able to get up and move around. I am so happy to be off of bedrest! Thanks for all the prayers!!!

6/16 UPDATE-I went to the doc. again this morning for an ultrasound. The placenta has moved a little more, it is still complete previa, but it still gives me more hope! At least 2 more weeks of bedrest, but praying for more good news next time...

*UPDATE* I went to the doctor this morning for another ultrasound to make sure the baby looks ok still and to see if things have shifted. I still have complete placenta previa, but it looks like it has moved! I am still on bed rest, but the ultrasound tech seemed hopeful that it could move by my next ultrasound (2 weeks from now). Prayers are working and I am glad to see a change! Thank you!!!

I started bleeding at 14 weeks, nothing horrible and I thought it would be one of those visits...you're fine, just go home and rest. I was wrong! I have complete placenta previa and while most people with complete previa have their placenta covering the cervix, mine is completely covering and to the other side quite a bit. I am only 15 weeks now and on bed rest until something changes or I deliver. Because mine is so "complete," I have a lot less of a chance of it moving out of the way. I don't mind to have a c-section if that is what is best, but the very hard part is, we have a 9 month and I can't pick her up at all. My mom is great and comes over to babysit both of us while my husband is at work, but I just feel like I want to help so bad! I know the baby is fine as long as I stay on bed rest, but it is so hard watching my daughter play on the floor and want to be by me and I can't even pick her up to get her out of her crib or anything. I know God knows what He is doing and if I should be like a "normal pregnant person," and be able to get off of bed rest and deliver normally, then it will happen. Thanks for the prayers and for taking the time to read.

Advertisement

Last edited by meg321; 07-02-2011 at 12:16 PM.
meg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prayers requested-placenta previa

Hang in there mama.

I was diagnosed with a complete (like REALLY complete) previa at 13 weeks and at 16 weeks it was GONE!!!!!! I had the bleeding and stuff too. I know it doesn't always happen that early, but prayer can really work. I know of someone else in my group who's moved by 20 weeks.
Here is an encouraging blog: http://dou-la-la.blogspot.com/ This starts with the last part, but she has the links for all the other parts in the first sentence.

Just keep positive thoughts, pray a lot, get others to pray for you and tell yourself that it will move!! There is hope! I did a lot of rubbing my belly and picturing it moving, as well as the praying.

I know how scary this is. One day at a time.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
angelbabybailey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I couldnt add anything to this as I dont know much about placenta previa..however I know you are not alone and I am hoping and praying for the best for your LO. I hope you have a very smooth and eneventful pregnancy.
angelbabybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
bobbyjk
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a previa as well. It was completely covering the internal OS and also to the side a bit. It cleared by 32 weeks and I had a perfect birth! Try not to focus on it (easier said than done in my experience) and just imagine it like a sticker on a balloon...the more you blow it up (the bigger you get with pregnancy) the more likely it will move away. *hugs*
Old 05-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
meg321
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas! It is nice to hear about people who have gone through this and have had it move before delivery! Thank you for your prayers!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
meg321
Registered Users
seller

Re: UPDATE-Prayers requested-placenta previa

update
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay!! I hope it continues to move UP UP UP for you!!
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
ghadden
Registered Users
seller

Praise God! Movement is movement! Praying that the trend continues.
ghadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great update!!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Powersmom
Registered Users
seller