Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
zmo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help me find THE love

So, my LO is almost 4 months and we have been CDing for 2 of those months...and I haven't found a diaper that I am totally in love with(for daytime that is) I love my sbishs and GFs w/ wool for nighttime so that isn't an issue at all. I was totally digging flats...my LO has slowed her BMs down and has them once a day and I was lucky to never have one in a flat...until today! She is EBF and oh boy was that a HUGE mess(luckily only in her cover and on me when I opened it) I did jellyroll the legs in too btw. I don't like pockets because a similar instance of having to "dig" an insert out. I do like fitteds but sometimes they seem to be overkill for material and bulk. So I have some AIOs on the way and I am planning of detashing my pockets for AIOs as well. I have a back-up hybrid system too. Anyway I guess I'm just feel kinda "bleh" towards most of my diapers. I was thinking of trying prefolds (maybe ETPF) next but am dreading another poo-plosion like I had with the flats. What do you all love? For AIO I am leaning towards fishnoodles and bottombumpers. I am clueless on PFs and their sizing and my DD is already pretty big (16lbs 25'' @15 weeks)

Advertisement

Last edited by zmo; 06-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.
zmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to try next? (Prefold and AIO help)

For pfs I like the Osocozy brand in the unbleached. Your lo would be in the premium size. They might be a little big now and need to be folded down but they will last a long time.
I like Osocozy and GroVia for AIOs. I would also suggest the Rumparooz pocket diapers. I know that you don't like pocket diapers but these have a double gusset on them that will hemp keep the poo in.
If you want to try a sampler of diapers, pm me and I can customize it for you and give you a great discount.
My site is currently down for maintenance but should be back online today.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
zmo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me find THE love

bump
Old 06-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
scorpioscuba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 14 1/2 weeks and we have been cding full time since he was about 8 weeks old. I have tried GroVia AIO's & AI2's, BG 4.0 OS, Fuzzibunz perfect size, Happy Heiny OS, RaR, Kawaii, Drybees, Sbish and finally Ragababes (AIO and AI2).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Ragababes. The fit is incredible and they are easy easy easy for laundry. And they are just darn adorable on. I now want to get rid of all of my pockets and stick to AIO's or AI2's (primarily Ragababes but they are hard to get right now).

I do like to use flats with my GroVia shells in a pinch. I like my Grovia AIO's because of the trim factor but they don't last as long on him because of the lack of stay dry. As soon as he is wet I have to change him. I don't mind my BG OS but the stuffing is getting annoying. I'll probably keep a few - I like them for nights with a thirsties hemp prefold stuffed inside - he can go all night long in that with time to spare.

I only like my fitteds for cover free time around the house to give his bum a little air. We live in Arizona and with this heat I worry about him in PUL 24/7.

So, maybe try a Ragababe 2-Step (AI2)...The instant I put it on I fell in love and they are great at containing EBF poo.

If you shop online, you must join Ebates! All cash back you earn from shopping can go straight to your PP. I just got my first $20 deposited!!
scorpioscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't use AIOs at all. I use the SoftBums Omni (it is a pocket or AI2 or just used as a cover). I LOVE the fit (it's a OS) and versatility. I use it as an AI2 by day and pocket by night. I don't unstuff the pocket I throw the whole thing in the wash and the flats come out on their own. I fold up flats when I haven't done laundry and use it as a cover. I love them because the covers can be reused multiple times before washing.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you love flats, or want to try prefolds, get good at jellyrolling. My DS had MASSIVE EBF poos, and it usually stayed in the diaper (worst case, it just got on the cover). I also find that a snug fitting wool soaker helps keep the diaper snug and keeps everything contained.

If you like fitteds, but not the bulky, you can try an ETPF (but again, I'd do the jellyroll), or maybe the pre-fitteds (look at the Green Mountain Diapers website -- basically a prefold converted into a fitted diaper)
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
noahs naturally
Registered Users
seller

I tend to have my 5 mo DD coverless in flats or prefolds at home, and I've found that a bikini-twisted prefold is more reliable at holding in EBF poop with no leakage than the most carefully folded / jelly-rolled flat (going coverless is the true test!). Prefolds are easier to spray off than flats, too (I personally like to spray off EBF poop before laundering).
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
heyitsmeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 7-month-old and I just discovered, like, last week, what I REALLY like for him. Fitteds/covers for home and AIOs with aplix for daycare. Now I'm getting ready to sell off all I tried that just wasn't what I wanted.

"whatever works" mom to
J (9/04) & L (11/10)
Expecting #3 in July
heyitsmeanne is offline   Reply With Quote