Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talk to me Grovia AI2 Lovers...

Are they good in a FL HE washer, tell me why you love them...I have 2 that should arrive in the next day or two and I am afraid i may fall in love and want to get rid of all my pockets. What are the negatives and positives, thanks!

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
btssmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk to me Grovia AI2 Lovers...

My LO was leaking out of pockets very quickly. She doesn't leak with the grovia's. I love that I can just snap in a new insert. My LO can't have PUL against her skin so the netting for her is great! I also love that I can just use a flat under them and they still don't leak. All other covers that I tried that did not have PUL exposed seemed to wick, but these do not. I absolutly love the fit on her! Some have not cared for the snaps, but I ordered a few and I now really like those. The aplix ones are great too. These have just been wonderful diapers for us and have saved us from switching to sposies. I was tired of having to change clothes almost every diaper change while we were out and about.
btssmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Donnelsongirls3
Registered Users
seller

I really love how trim they are for one! They fit almost like a disposable for us and DD doesn't want to rip them off. They hold quite a bit of liquid once you get them fully prepped (which takes quite a few washes I might add). Love both the aplix and the snaps but the aplix is so strong that I worry they may wear out the diaper a little faster...I don't know that for sure it just seems like it will. Prints are adorable and it's so awesome to just have to change an insert...the one negative for me is the dry time for the inserts. They take forever! But if you line dry it's much much quicker just don't always have weather that allows that...all in all well worth the long dry time bc they are really great diapers
Donnelsongirls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
btssmom
Registered Users
seller

Yes the inserts do take awhile to dry but I always seem to have another load of clothes or something going in the dryer after them. I just throw the inserts in with that load to dry one more time.
btssmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used pockets exclusively when I first started CDing. I really never fell out of love with them, but I was intrigued by the hybrid/AI2 systems so I got my first Grovia. I am so in love with those diapers I seriously have recommend them to every one I know who has or is about to have a baby regardless of whether they are interested in CD or not!
I still love my pockets. I just adore my Grovia. They are so cute and trim and you can use 2-3 shells all day long and use biosoakers for travel! I just don't think it gets a whole lot better.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
7yrslater
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE mine but mainly use them as shells. Never had a leak even with poosplosions. I use them over flats--that I don't even snappi-- or over a prefold. I do use the snap in occasionally but prefer them just as a cover. The inserts take forever to dry. I only have the aplix.
7yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
7yrslater
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and I wash in a FL HE no problems and sun if there's a stain on the netting but there rarely is.
7yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
NaptownBoys
Registered Users
Formerly: niktorious
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the grovia's and their soakers! The fit is awesome and have never had any leaks... the ones that I have with aplix the velcro stopped sticking after about a year and they look more worn but I used snappi's to hold it closed. I want to have them snap converted... the one I have with snaps still looks brand new! (i bought all of them new)
NaptownBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love 'em! My dd leaks out of pockets, no matter what. She never leaks out of these. I mainly use the snap in inserts but I do have some prefolds/flats, I may try just the shell with those this week since I hear a bunch of people saying they use them like that. I do prefer the newer inserts, just because my hands don't get as messy snapping out a pee insert, but the older inserts work just fine too! I've only used the newer Grovia shells, I've heard the older (Grobaby) shells are smaller and don't fit as well.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
poppan
Registered Users
seller

POSITIVES
- Really affordable way to extend my stash—I bought three shells and now I basically have as many diaper changes as I have prefolds and flats for
- No stuffing, just lay in the prefold and go
- I think it’s more breathable than a pocket
- Pretty trim
- Easy to care for (since I’m using prefolds/flats, it’s all natural fibers)
- Cute prints
- No exposed PUL

NEGATIVES
- The one aplix one I have really bugs me. I actually think that one is easiest to use and has the best fit, but the aplix is too sticky and it’s especially hard to pry it loose the first time after it comes out of the wash.