Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
S4r4h
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLA
Teddy is almost 8 months. He had boob for breakfast, and lunch was more boob then quartered grapes, black beans, and baby puffs. Dinner will be grazing from the offerings at a backyard party of a friend, so probably bites of masa from tamales, fruit, cheese. Stuff like that.
Lol, boob for breakfast. Breakfast of champions!!!

Advertisement

Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What did your BLW kiddo eat today?

Yesterday, Leo ate toast, cantaloupe, and yogurt for breakfast, watermelon, quartered grapes, steamed carrots, and a bit of hamburger and bun for lunch, and blueberry pancakes, scrambled egg, and green beans from our garden for dinner.
Today, breakfast was cheerios with mango and banana and lunch was cottage cheese, blueberries, and avocado slices. Dinner will be bbq pulled pork (other than blueberries, it's his very favorite thing, oddly enough!) I haven't decided what to serve with it yet.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #13
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

Zane (10 1/2 months) had boob and some pancake for breakfast. No lunch yet... He is napping now.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yesterday Maggie had her first saurkraut and pork dinner

also, she loved peas and had fun trying to grab the little things. Found quite a few in her seat after dinner was over.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
Karaanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Delaney is 7 months :] Yesterday she had mostly boob.
A little bit of brothers cinnamon roll for breakfast as well as some softened apple chunks.
Lunch was boob and two crackers
Dinner she had a bit of my pasta and some of daddys broccoli
Karaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #16
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lets see, He's almost 10mos:

Mama Milk
Spaghetti w. Grassfed beef and basil
Baby mum mums with yogurt
Plums diced-ish
Green beans
Carrots
Tomato
Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #17
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have been having back and forth issues with, um, elimination so taking it slow. Ever administered an infant suppository? Not fun.
Lately, lots of peaches, sweet potato, avocado, cucumber, toast sticks, carrots.
Tried plain yogurt, which she seemed to like, but then she didn't poo for a week so we're holding off on the dairy.
Tried to eat a tomato I picked out of the garden and stupidly gave to her "to hold" Duh mom, I know what a tomato is and what to do with it.
Well, we were taking it slow until Sunday, when we went out for sushi. Couple california rolls and two pieces of kimchi. The other diners were looking at us like we were nuts. DD had a blast!
I've been looking at the teething biscuits, rice rusks etc at the store, thinking that DD would like them (teething hard core). But they all have added salt AND sugar, which I am just not keen on. So I am going to try making some teething biscuits this weekend. And thank god that I don't have to buy all those little jars!
DottieHarley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #18
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today Leo (not quite 10 months):
yogurt
blueberries
homemade mac & cheese
quartered grapes
peas
most of a tortilla filled with pork carnitas, rice, corn, and black beans and then toasted on the griddle and cut into strips
and some diced apricot
He had lots of boob time and two sippy cups full of EBM, as well.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm just starting up with BLW. I need to turn off the TV and read my BLW book!! lol

Anyway, DS is 7 months + 1 week old. I have given DS banana and when he has gotten bits in his mouth, he gags and has thrown up a tiny bit. He gags when I put half a yam-puff into his mouth too. Not always but sometimes. He is starting to refine his fine motor skills to try to pick them up but not quite yet. I'm scared to give him other foods like the ones you have described because I don't want him to gag and choke (he choked once and I had to flip him to an angle and pat his back to help him out!) What do I do? Just go for it? I have also given him half a baguette round which he sucked and gummed on and also a snap-pea, which he gummed, a cooked bean and an already eaten corn husk to gnaw on. All these things went well. I'm just afraid of him actually getting anything into his mouth because of the choking issue.

Also, What do you do for constipation? Now that he doesn't have his prunes by spoon, I have given prune/apple juice cut with water through a bottle, about an ounce per day (he doesn't take much by sippy cup yet) and that is working so far.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #20
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jill, I laughed reading your question and then siggy. Halved blueberries are our best constipation-relief trick for Leo. Slices of pear work well, too.