Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
am I wrong to be angry?

My bff is babysitting for me this week. She nannies ft as her job with the boys she watches, her daughter and my kids she has 6 kids during the day. Tuesday was the first day she had them (except she didn't have the two she usually watches) and I get back after work and she tells me the baby wouldn't take the bottle of ebf (I was gone like 9 hrs ) well since that day she hasn't offered the baby the milk I've left for her. She says she doesn't have time to deal with my baby being sassy because she has 6 kids (they range from 10 to 1- my baby being the youngest) also every time I've come back she tells me how my baby is too needy and she's not going to hold her all day. I didn't ask her to watch the kids this week she offered. I feel like she knows how I am with my kids so why did she offer to watch them if she isn't willing to treat them how I do?
I should menipn that she didn't used to be like this until the last few weeks after breaking up with her daughters father and hooking up with some guy who "makes her feel alive again" also I am paying her. Ohio and my baby turns 1 Saturday so by not givinf her the milk she isn't depriving her, the baby has been having table food and water.

I'm on my phone and the touchscreen hates me so my posts are short, to the point and probably misspelled.

Advertisement

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
nada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: am I wrong to be angry?

I would be upset, but at least she was being honest, KWIM? I would honestly find a new sitter, one that can meet your needs a little better.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, you are NOT wrong to be angry. I would be fuming and finding a new sitter ASAP. I don't care how old the baby is, you can not just not feed them a bottle. And, babies need to be held/cuddle....it is one of their primary needs, how can she say the baby is too needy. Argh....I would be extremely upset.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She's only watching them until tomorrow after that DH will have them. I'm just so mad because a month ago when she offered to watch them and I said yes she was a different person. She's my bff and I don't want to ruin our friendship but I can't stand who she is right now. I don't think I will ever ask her to watch them again.

I'm on my phone and the touchscreen hates me so my posts are short, to the point and probably misspelled.

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
nada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Six kids is a lot, sounds like she bit off more than she could chew. I would be annoyed but at this point it would be hard to find a new sitter.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
sunnycloud78
Banned

No, you are NOT wrong to be angry.
sunnycloud78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would be angry. she's talking about your daughter like she's a nuisance.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely be mad. You are in a tough spot though. If you want to save the friendship then you should probably refrain from giving her a piece of your mind... If it is only for one more day, then I would say suck it up and deal with it and just never, ever have her watch your kids again. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she thought it would be ok and once she got ALL the kids together she just realized it was way more than she could handle but she doesn't want to bail on you after telling you she would do it.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Just wait it out and let it go. Getting angry over this is just a waste of time. Whats done is done. Don't accept childcare help from her in the future and step back from the friendship for a bit until she gets back to normal. Taking care of kids is HARD and so is breaking up in a relationship. I would cut her some slack and not even get into a confrontation or anything. There is no way she can provide to your little one what you provide and she can't force her to take a bottle either.
doodah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah
Just wait it out and let it go. Getting angry over this is just a waste of time. Whats done is done. Don't accept childcare help from her in the future and step back from the friendship for a bit until she gets back to normal. Taking care of kids is HARD and so is breaking up in a relationship. I would cut her some slack and not even get into a confrontation or anything. There is no way she can provide to your little one what you provide and she can't force her to take a bottle either.
I second doodah.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote