Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your Favorite Diaper & Why?

So, I have a ton of different types of diapers and I'm trying to narrow down exactly what I love so that for my next one I can get a great stash. So far, my ideal diaper would be a blend between a fitted and an AIO/AI2...

fitted/trim, soft natural fabrics, fast drying, stay dry option, non leaking, natural fibers or breathable.

Imagine a Greenline diaper cover with a fitted OBV interior, petal style interior, one side microfleece, one side OBV or Organic Cotton. The petal style would be in 3rds (fold in/fold in/fold in) so that it dried even faster. Anyone hear of this?

What about you? If you could put anything together, what would you do? What diapers/materials would you combine? What materials are your favorites?

And if you have THE ONE (the oh-so-elusive perfect diaper), what is it?

Just having fun day dreaming. Thanks!

Advertisement

omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your Favorite Diaper & Why?

Hmm...right now all my diapers are faves for one reason or another.

Grovia AIO - super trim and so absorbent. Love the stretchy tabs, and it's OS.
Grovia AI2 - get multiple uses out of one cover, love the snap in soaker...it is SO SO absorbent, and the TPU backing is genius. Great fit on DS.
Tot Bots - great diaper, tongue style soaker agitates out, I can stuff it for naps. Super strong velcro. i just wish the long velcro strip would sit a tad lower on the diaper, and that it ran a little larger. Very rarely do i have leaks with this as well, love the MF/bamboo combo.
And now, Nana's Bottoms...just started using these, and they will be perfect for naps since DS is outgrowing our current nap time diaper. The larges are plenty roomy, you pick the inner and soaker, colors, etc. Awesome diaper for the price.

I am almost done destashing my BG 3.0 AIOs, these were great until he became a super heavy wetter, plus they are prone to compression leaks. And their velcro sucks. Or at least it did on the 3.0s.
hampyfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! I really want to try a Nana's Bottoms. What kind of inner did you get? There seem to be so many options.
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I have a lot of different type of diapers. I tend to go through "stages". Like right now I am on a fitted kick but I just went through a pf and flats kick. And, most likely, I'll be on a flats and or pf kick again soon.

But to answer your question, I am loving my snadys right now.
Although, my favorite material in bamboo.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
umajo
Registered Users
seller

My all time favorites are meos and thirsties hemp pfs. So I guess my ultimate diaper would be a hemp jersey meos with their stay dry lining and a breathable cover!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
Thanks! I really want to try a Nana's Bottoms. What kind of inner did you get? There seem to be so many options.
I got large with bamboo soaker and suedecloth inner. use 30special for 30% off. You can ask for her to leave a pocket opening, which I did...since I add a hemp insert for naps. And I just used one for the first time today, not fully prepped, just washed once and he wore it for 2 hours without a leak! These are super trim BTW. And she is so so wonderful to work with.
hampyfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
mama to 2 boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Swaddlebees Simplex----so trim and fits great on my son!

BG 3.0 I put in an extra insert and it does the trick and night time!

Prefolds with BSWW covers! Love them in the mornings and evenings (easy to clean poo off of no gussets and we trifold them and just shake them out)...Yes I know when my baby poos! LOL he is like clock work!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
Flufflove
Registered Users
seller

I really just like birdseye cotton, but I like the layers to separate somehow so they wash and dry more easily. PUL is fine, I like light pink and light yellow solids mostly, although I also like the baby to go coverless around the house during the day. Really, I like prefolds best because they're easy on the psyche, and I love Granitesmith because she sells high quality diapers for cheap with amazingly fast shipping. My favorite "fancy" diapers are Swaddlebees Simplex because they're just awesome.
Flufflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

my favorite diapers are snap-ez pockets i love the fit on my babies and they last forever i have pockets that are over 6 years old and still look and work great
Old 07-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
SBish fitteds. I. Love. This. Diaper. Lol
I haven't tried snappless yet but I'm sure I'd love them too. If I could afford it, my whole stash would be SBish.
Muttaqin Baby. Maybe because she's a Texan... I dunno. Lol. I love Mutts. So trim in the crotch area.
For diaper bag diapers, I like Nana's Bottoms aios. Super trim and absorbent.
I'm all over the place with diapers... I love all of them for their own reason.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote