Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #11
Registered Users

Last edited by UCmama09; 06-25-2012 at 08:10 PM.
UCmama09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Just broke the news...

Ugh, I'm sorry your uncle did that! He could've at least asked like you said. I don't think the "warn them" term is appropriate for him to use either! That's just ridiculous! momma, I'm sorry!
Brandi married to my best friend
6/08 & 2/12 & Angel Princess 5/24/13 - 5/26/13
Expecting our RAINBOW May 2014

bccc624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
Registered Users

That sucks... I 'm sorry that happened to you. I'm a pretty private person and things like this are the reason I plan to hide my pregnancy on facebook until I'm ready for everyone and their mother to know. I want to be able to control who finds out when and you never know what people are going to do with the info that you give them.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
My Mood:

Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
Usborne Books & More - Ask me about DOUBLE FREE books!
New titles October 2015!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by UCmama09 View Post
I announced it on facebook this morning, after posting "The rabbit died" as my status last night, and a picture of a bun in an oven this morning.

"Okay, okay enough with the hints! I'm very, very happy to announce that we are expecting baby #6! Our sweet little one will be joining us sometime from late February-mid March."

And this was my comment underneath:

"And just to clear it up for anyone who is wondering

We aren't Catholic
Or Mormon
It was planned
We know what causes this (and we are very good at it, too!)
We own a television
We are not finding out the gender
We are having another home birth"
Lol! I agree, if I was your "friend" I would have "liked" this too...

Originally Posted by UCmama09 View Post
Well, I'm pretty effing pissed. Someone told my uncle that I was pregnant after seeing it on fb (not what I'm pissed about), but literally minutes after he got home from a camping trip, he called my grandparents to "warn" them (they are still gone on said camping trip). He didn't bother calling or walking across the street to our house to ask if they knew yet. I wanted to wait until they got home to surprise them. It was not his place to tell them. Even if he thought by my announcing it on fb, that it would get back to them before they got home, he could have told me and let me make the decision to tell them myself. And it doesn't seem like they are as happy about it as I thought they would be. I think they're shocked. I feel totally deflated, because I was so excited to tell them. I'm actually more upset that my uncle felt like they needed to be "prepared" for the news, or warned somehow. What the f*ck is so upsetting about a new baby? We can afford our kids and we take good care of them. I swear, I am so on edge. If anyone says anything negative to me, I cannot be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth.
I'm sorry mama. This is terrible.
Sheena, SAHM to: PaigyPrincess, AddyBoo, RubyJane, And Mr.Nolan
sheenashine is offline   Reply With Quote