Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
abhernandez
Registered Users

Sign me up!

I'm in! I got my first (ever) BFP today at an estimated 15DPO.

I don't chart.. I just always have 28 day cycles and today is 29 days since my last AF so I'm guessing that I'm about 15 DPO. That said... My BFP is pretty light so maybe I O-ed later than that. My EDD is March 11th, 2012 based on the standard 280 day method and March 22nd 2012 based on the Woods method. I tested while my DH took the dog for a walk since AF was a day late. And I just exploded with the news the second he came in the door... So I have no cute telling DH story for you guys. It's our first baby so we're pretty excited!

And finally... question. Is it normal to have cramping? It's not intense but annoying... since it makes me think AF still might show (I have developed an obsession with checking the tp for signs of AF every single time I go to the bathroom). And if it's normal, when does it go away?

(I want to upload a photo but... I can't get a good photo. It's the morning and winter here so there's not much natural light. I'll try again in a bit!)

Advertisement

abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
bccc624
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sign me up!

Congratulations! I sent my DF a picture to his phone saying that our DD might just be a big sister. So nothing uber cute here either. I couldn't contain myself. My date is tentatively set for March 10th.

As far as cramping goes, as long as it's not really too painful, and there's no spotting or anything along with it, you should be okay. I still check the to every time I go to the bathroom as well, so you're not alone there.

bccc624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
abhernandez
Registered Users

I just can't get a good picture... The light is just kind of dull right now and using the flash doesn't work... And in addition... I have no clue how to post pictures????
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
bccc624
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I just can't get a good picture... The light is just kind of dull right now and using the flash doesn't work... And in addition... I have no clue how to post pictures????
I take mine usually on the bathroom counter with the vanity lights on. As for posting them, upload them to photobucket, then use the IMG code and paste it here

bccc624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
UCmama09
Registered Users
seller

Congrats and welcome!!
UCmama09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! So glad you get to join us here.

Re: cramping, I've been having some cramping, too. Some of it is digestive, some of it is stretching ligaments (already!) and some of it feels like it's in my uterine area. But all of it's pretty mild. I hope yours stops soon for you and you have a "boring" pregnancy.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome!!!! I've had a little achy-ness this time, but I remember having actual cramping with my first.
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommelissa
Welcome!!!! I've had a little achy-ness this time, but I remember having actual cramping with my first.
Same here.
Most of my achiness this time around is on the sides, but I do have occasional light cramping in the uterus area.

I'll warn you because no one warned me the first time around and it freaked me the heck out; you may soon have more discharge than normal. When it comes, sometimes it might feel like youre bleeding. Try not to panic as you stick your hand down your pants to check while driving down the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
abhernandez
Registered Users

hahaha...^^^^ totally already noticed the discharge thing!! and it does freak me out! luckily the crampyness has gone away except every once and awhile when I on my tummy.... I kind of think it's related to how gassy I've been lately I've also relaxed a lot since I got a darker positive on a test last night. My first was super faint and late compared to everyone else's tests. And that made me especially edgy!