Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

Nursing Bra

I need a good one. Every kid they get a little bigger and now I must find a new one that will fit. Everything I can find is tiny and unsupportive. Does anyone have any suggestions are where to look? Also, if you're in the same boat feel free to rant!

Advertisement

maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing Bra

What size?

I'm really glad I went to Nordstrom, the cheaper bras are just horrible, and they have staff who are trained in nursing bras. It's not foolproof (I bought an Elle McPherson one that is cute but horribly designed for bigger cups) but not a bad start.

I like my Anita bras a lot. They give me a good shape and lift though they are soft cup, and I'm a 38G-ish.

www.birthandbaby.com is helpful too, but they often are very short on stock.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

I really love this one (http://www.selfexpressions.com/mefuseunnubr.html). It is very supportive, comfortable, and good if you have a bigger chest - totally avoids the uni-boob thing...
Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I ended up going to a local breastfeeding store and a lactation clinic place, awesome idea LOL

they will fit you, they had some to try on and recommend. I preferred the underwire ones, go figure but I wouldn't have known and I wouldn't have gotten my right size if I hadn't gone.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

I wish I had a good breastfeeding store nearby!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
2LittleAngels
Registered Users
seller

In the past I got fitted at Nordstroms and this last time around I just too my measurements based upon the website instructions at www.breakoutbras.com. My current favorite is this Anita (I'm a 34G for reference). I've heard good reviews about this Elomi as well. Breakoutbras.com almost always has a coupon code for 10% off listed on their website.
2LittleAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
teacherchalise
Registered Users

I'm in the same boat. I want something comfortable yet supportive! I'm not a G, but a full DD, and I have trouble with what I find in stores. Grrrrr thanks for the recommendations!
teacherchalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
S4r4h
Registered Users

I bought a half dozen nursing bras from Motherhood Maternity and they fit nicely at first ... But now the underwires have popped out of ALL OF THEM in less than 6 months. I'm actually furious. I need new bras. Pfffft.
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LittleAngels View Post
In the past I got fitted at Nordstroms and this last time around I just too my measurements based upon the website instructions at www.breakoutbras.com. My current favorite is this Anita (I'm a 34G for reference). I've heard good reviews about this Elomi as well. Breakoutbras.com almost always has a coupon code for 10% off listed on their website.

These are my favorites as well. I like the Anita a tiny bit more because the cup clips are easier, but both lift well and are super comfy for an underwire. I wear a 34H in the Anita and a 34G in the Elomi. I also love ordering from Breakoutbras, but FYI.. you can get the Anita on Amazon for much cheaper, just under $40 with free shipping and free returns.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B0011MWESW
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote