Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Newborn stashes

When are you planning to start buying your newborn stash, anyone already start? What do you want to buy, have made, make?

Advertisement

Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool

Last edited by pinknpurfect; 07-07-2011 at 08:47 AM.
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn stahses

I do not have a newborn stash.

I bought one newborn sized diaper last week, just for fun but won't buy anything else until after my first appointment.
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
abhernandez
Registered Users

The day before I got a positive pregnancy test, I bought two tiny oranges from orange diaper co... as like a motivational TTC tiny cuteness thing. I was certain AF was coming and I was sad and it cheered me up. I feel like I kind of maybe knew at that point that I was pregnant. And it was totally an emotionally irrational thing... I honestly don't even want to use fitteds but I couldn't resist. Ha ha... I probably won't be ordering anything else until September- ish. I am thinking flats and etpfs and lots of wool. It's going to be really hot and humid here when the baby is born so I've got to keep that in mind.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made one already. LOL I'm going to try and make some true newborns because I have tiny babies. My friend Kara just came up with an awesome NB dipe so hopefully sometime this month I can find a day to go hang out at her house and have her show me how to make hers!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to pull out my old diapers and see what still works/doesn't. Then see what I'd need. I know that I'll need at least one dozen PF as almost all the PF I had have been repurposed as kitchen rags or got eaten by the washing machine. Is there a PF coop coming up? Might want to wait and save for that. Either way, I know for a fact I'm getting a few of the tushie ties PF as soon as I know what I'm having (boy, girl, robot, chicken). Those diapers are the best and I got a lot of use off them last time.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last time I had tons of fun dying the PFs alongside shirts/socks to get them to match. Can't wait to do the same this time! And I even have a few dye packets left over since they were too "girly" to be used with a boy (I may be liberal in that regard but even I wouldn't be able to explain away hot pink colored clothing in a boy, lol).

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want some fitteds but mostly prefolds.

On my to knit list:
Felted soaker/ wrap with snaps. (1-3 depending on how they turn out)
romper (polo if it is a boy)
2-3 longies newborn/ small size
2-3 shorties NB small size.
And of course the coming home outfit.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't do longies. Not only can I not knit to save my life but in the Hawaiian heat it would be too much. Heck, it's me wearing light clothing and still sweating like a pig
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saw this romper pattern and I think I want to try it http://sewingformybabyboy.blogspot.com/2011/02/jethro-romper-modification-i-have.html
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I can't do longies. Not only can I not knit to save my life but in the Hawaiian heat it would be too much. Heck, it's me wearing light clothing and still sweating like a pig
Right now it is hitting about 115 and so hot, so my DD isn't in wool in the summer, but I'm hoping with this baby due in March he/she can wear lots of cute wool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
That is adorable!