Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Are you a cloth diaper "consultant"?

I'm pairing up with an owner of a local cloth diapering store (the store is about 1 hour from where I live) and am going to act as a "consultant" for her in my area. I will be hosting "learn how to CD" events and selling dipes at the end. Do any of you do this? If so, how are you compensated? Commission only? Flat rate per person you have at the event?

Any insight would be appreciated! We're working out the specifics of how this will work over the weekend!

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you a cloth diaper "consultant"?

Nope. But sounds like a lot of fun
Old 06-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, but I looked into it and it was going to be a certain percentage of what was sold. like 10 or 15% of the total order.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, but my hubbs tells me I should do it so I CAN be compensated.... I've shared the CD love with lots of expectant mamas in my area, but just as a result of trying to sell some items on CL Sometimes I don't even make a sale, but that's ok with me - it's great fun to meet new CDing mamas!

I think it would be fun!! Go for it!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried to get in touch with a lady here locally and she obiviously didnt really want another consultant, because she sent me to a website to sign an agreement of confidentiality, then that was the end of her. Funny thing is, she is also a ds mama. I emailed her to ask her questions and her response was that I would be getting 'newsletters'. lol. So much for that venture.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
Electro
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESMama View Post
I'm pairing up with an owner of a local cloth diapering store (the store is about 1 hour from where I live) and am going to act as a "consultant" for her in my area. I will be hosting "learn how to CD" events and selling dipes at the end. Do any of you do this? If so, how are you compensated? Commission only? Flat rate per person you have at the event?

Any insight would be appreciated! We're working out the specifics of how this will work over the weekend!
What store, momma? I live in the Chicagoland area too!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Evolution Diapers
Registered Users
Formerly: goddess3_2005
seller

I pay my consultants 15% of the order generated.

OS AI2 Hybrid and Pocket Diaperswww.evolutiondiapers.comThe revolution continues! Check out the E2 the Worlds First Cloth Diaper with fully adjustable gussets!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpXC3UvJU8
Evolution Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

I don't do this, but it seems like most people who do direct sales "parties" seem to work on a purely commission based structure. Maybe some of the mamas who sell Pure Romance, Scentsy, Tupperware, jewelry, etc will chime in on how it works for them.

Of course, that commission is already built in to the price of those products - I don't know what the typical spread is between the wholesale and retail price of diapers...If the wholesale price is half of the retail price, I don't think it unreasonable for you to make 25% commission with the store owner retaining the other 25% profit.
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't do diapers but some of my consultants for Tree Hugger also sell cloth diapers and I pay a commission right now of 15% and am working on upping that to 20% this fall. They also end up getting their kit for free on top of the commission as they turn in orders.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
Dons.Donna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79
I don't do diapers but some of my consultants for Tree Hugger also sell cloth diapers and I pay a commission right now of 15% and am working on upping that to 20% this fall. They also end up getting their kit for free on top of the commission as they turn in orders.
This is very interesting. A woman told me to go to a website to get more info..she's in another city, but very helpful. I think i'm going to look into it. I've been giving advice as well and soon dh will be losing his job so maybe this can help a little.

Sent from my Galaxy Tablet using DS Forum using swype..pls excuse typos
Dons.Donna is offline   Reply With Quote