Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing tank that you pull up rather than clip down? Need to wear under fancy dress!

I'm looking for a nursing tank that pulls up (from just below the bust) rather than clipping down. I normally use my Target tanks and love them. However, I'm trying to figure out what to wear for my brother's wedding in September. My daughter is a flower girl and my husband will be wearing a tux since he's a groomsman, so I'd like to have something fairly fancy, not just an ordinary dress like I'd wear to church. Unless there's a nursing dress online that I haven't found yet (suggestions anyone??), I'm planning on getting a regular (non-nursing) dress with a stretchy, cross-wrap style bust. I have visions of some sequins or at least some cool looking embellishments that are different from my regular dresses. However, If I wear a regular nursing tank or bra with it, my whole breast will be exposed when nursing. If I could push the bust of the dress aside and then lift up the bust of the tank, I figure that I should be able to nurse really discreetly without having to cover with a blanket. Now the trick is to find the right kind of tank. Motherhood used to have one, I believe, but now it's not on their website anymore.
DD will be 13 months, and I know that being able to discreetly nurse at the ceremony, dinner, and reception will at least buy me a few minutes here and there when I can actually sit back and not have to chase after her. She's 10 months now and already running around everywhere!
I'd appreciate any ideas!! Thanks!
Kristin

Advertisement

dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing tank that you pull up rather than clip down? Need to wear under fancy dre

I've made a few of my own by cutting boob holes out of regular tank tops (as long as it's a knit fabric, it won't fray so you don't even have to sew anything! ) the only thing is if the fabric of the dress is thinner you have to make sure to wear a bra the same colour as the tank top or else you can see boob holes through the dress :P or another thing I've done is cut a tshirt or tank top off a few inches under my bust, and then worn it as an undershirt/camisole. I can just pull it up like you describe, but it's not a full second layer adding heat, and you don't have to worry about possible visible boob holes but you might need to hem the bottom so that it doesn't curl up and show a bit of a bump under the dress, kwim? those two things have been very easy and very effective for me! HTH!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
mom22boysand1girl
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing tank that you pull up rather than clip down? Need to wear under fancy dre

My best suggestion is go onto mod bod and get one of the 1/2 under shirts. If it is your first time buying you get a extra 25% off. They come in black, red and white. All you will have to do is pull up.
mom22boysand1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #4
twolittlebeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you seen the tanks by Skinnies? They just have cut outs for the breast! They are also quite form fitting and slimming so they work well under dresses. Here is a link: http://www.skinies.com/ I will let you know that under certain fabrics or shirt/dress styles sometimes I can see the round cutouts and I will have to switch to another tank but this is generally tight, solid and light colored tops that it happens with. Other than that, I love the tank!

Last edited by twolittlebeans; 07-06-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added link
twolittlebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I never even thought of just cutting a regular tank shorter--that sounds like it might be a great option! I'll check into the other ideas too. I love diaperswappers for this sort of idea-sharing. Thanks again!
Kristin
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought some of these from Walmart for that exact same purpose. I don't use them for nursing yet, but they work great as a less hot option to a camisole. Warning, they do run small.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote