Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #11
twolittlebeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cheese and crackers, nuts, yogurt and granola, veggies with dip, hummus and pita chips are all favorite snacks at our house! Oh and popcorn too!

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! I don't know what I like to eat!

If you like Guac Wholly Molly now puts out 100 cal packs. I think it ends up being like a quarter cup. I love Guac so if I make a full batch I eat the full batch. Although I ate all 3 100 cal packs in 2 days. Still less then if I made a whole batch.

If you liking salty- defiantly go for a flavored hummus. If pita isn't quite cutting the salt for you dip pretzels in it.

This may sound gross to you and its not exactly healthy, but it would be better then chips- I like to butter both sides of a tortilla and cook it in a frying pan until it starts getting light brown and crunchy.

For the pasta- you can make your girl's spaghetti and meatballs- then you can have a meatball sub- that way you don't have to make something extra for your self.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

When I was preggie I made a ton of fresh guacamole. This can get expensive too! But if you have a Trader JOes near you they have a great price on a bag of avocados. Could you make chicken fajitas with sauteed veggies and fresh guac?
I also make a lot of stir fries. That's my go-to since I can't cook! And usually don't have a big appetite either. A huge bag of basmati rice is a good price at Costco so we use that, sautee some broccoli, baby corn, carrots, celery, onion, sprouts And I cook some beans on the side for protein
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4
If you like Guac Wholly Molly now puts out 100 cal packs. I think it ends up being like a quarter cup. I love Guac so if I make a full batch I eat the full batch. Although I ate all 3 100 cal packs in 2 days. Still less then if I made a whole batch.

If you liking salty- defiantly go for a flavored hummus. If pita isn't quite cutting the salt for you dip pretzels in it.

This may sound gross to you and its not exactly healthy, but it would be better then chips- I like to butter both sides of a tortilla and cook it in a frying pan until it starts getting light brown and crunchy.

For the pasta- you can make your girl's spaghetti and meatballs- then you can have a meatball sub- that way you don't have to make something extra for your self.
Those are such great ideas! Especially the meat ball sub one!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #15
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming butterfly
See if there is a bountiful basket site near you. GREAT price for fruit and veggies. It is $15.00 and you get about 7 fruit and 7 veggie, plus they have other stuff you can get. Pm me if you have questions
How would I go about finding out?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

go to http://www4.bountifulbaskets.org/?p=71 and look up your area.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming butterfly
See if there is a bountiful basket site near you. GREAT price for fruit and veggies. It is $15.00 and you get about 7 fruit and 7 veggie, plus they have other stuff you can get. Pm me if you have questions
Just looked it up! There is one on my city! In fact it's at the school I teach at on Saturday mornings! I'm so excited! So looks like I go online and pay Monday's and go on sat for pick up right?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #18
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You will fall in love. We get a basket about every other week and we have looked at the store to see how much the stuff would cost and if we bought it at the store we would of spent over $50.00, but with bb it is $15.00. They have great extras too. We love the breads and tortillas, you do have to keep them in the fridge or freezer.

My kids get so excited on bb day it is better than Christmas.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #19
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

for meals- homemade chicken pot pie, chili, pesto pizza, pb& j roll-up (just smear it on a tortilla roll it up, keep a bunch in fridge/freezer for whenever; i dont like pb&j but i love these, i llike to slice them into sushi size and eat as a snack as well)

for snacks- homemade granola, cheerios (i like to eat them dry!), string cheese

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #20
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of my pregnancies I craved (so therefore snacked on) chips and salsa constantly. lol

With all the morning sickness, I imagine you're snacking on saltines a lot. I also love popcorn to snack on. (A little too much!!) We're doing a lot of popsicles this summer with the heat.

I've been snacking on a lot of nuts and sunflower seeds lately too.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote