Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
abhernandez
Registered Users

Brown spotting?

I noticed a little brown discharge this morning... I know it's not necessarily something to worry about... especially since we had sex last night and I don't have cramping but it still has me terrified and incredibly worried. Anyone else have experience with this sort of spotting during early pregnancy?

Advertisement

abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Brown spotting?

Yes! I had that with almost every pregnancy at some point. It scared me to death when it happened at 7 weeks with my first. I even called the doc!
As long as it's not bright red and you don't need a pad, you should be good!
It's probably a bit of blood from implantation that was squeezed out when you did the deed...especially if you had the big O
Don't worry!
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
abhernandez
Registered Users

Aww thanks... it's so good to hear that! Luckily I haven't noticed anymore this afternoon but I've developed an even worse OCD compulsion about checking the TP. And we made an appointment with an OBGYN for next Wednesday.. because I realized today that because my this is my first pregnancy, I have no idea about what's normal and what's not and I have no one to call or go to when things happen that I'm not expecting. So then I result to a google search and read 100 horror stories, which leave me certain that I am dying of 5 different types of cancer and am going to lose the baby. I thought it was overkill that in Argentina you see the doctor/ midwife (they work together here... it's not an either or sort of thing. both are required.) every two weeks starting from the moment you find out during the first trimester. But now I realize... it's probably partially psychological support for the mama. I mean... I certainly need it.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got that for the first time this pregnancy... the night after DTD, so I'm sure that's what caused it. It really REALLY freaked me out. I thought for sure I had lost the baby. I even cried to my poor DH telling him it was over (drama queen?) :'( My MW had warned me that it could happen and not to panic if it did. Lol. Oops!
Anyway, I think it happens in something like 30% of all healthy pregnancies.