Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
wyoming butterfly's Avatar
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,728
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Might have to get some of this next time I am at Walmart. I have some pockets I got ffs that were used with diaper cream and do not absorb. I have cut a few of the inners out and just made covers.

Advertisement

__________________
Thrisha married to my back cracking hubby Jeff since 9-8-01, ,non-vaxing, natural, SAHM toTalyah Lysette 5-14 , Dyllan Nicholas 6-2and Tanner Benjamin 3-17
Check out my new adventure www.youniqueproducts.com/ThrishaMyers
wyoming butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
sarahannecloud9's Avatar
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crossville, Tn (Pleasant Hill)
Posts: 11,134
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I have never tried it because I have read on the web in various places that it has caused severe rash on some babies. Too bad because its cheap and somewhat readily available!

That is awesome that it works for you!

http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-chart.html

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.co...entchoices.htm
Most detergents run that risk IMHO for us. I just follow all washes with an extra quick rinse. I have to do this no matter what we use because my boys are so sensitive to all detergents. I found it on the first link but not the second.

It said this:
Sport-Wash
Residue Free
Note: Some burns and rashes have been reported by users of this detergent.

Glad it didn't happen to us. But, like I said, I do a follow-up rinse to make sure as much as possible it out of the materials!
__________________
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
sarahannecloud9's Avatar
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crossville, Tn (Pleasant Hill)
Posts: 11,134
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming butterfly View Post
Might have to get some of this next time I am at Walmart. I have some pockets I got ffs that were used with diaper cream and do not absorb. I have cut a few of the inners out and just made covers.
For handwashing it suggests soaking for 30 min. Also, you only need 1/2 oz per gallon of water. Rinse well.


Good luck!
__________________
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,852
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Most detergents run that risk IMHO for us. I just follow all washes with an extra quick rinse. I have to do this no matter what we use because my boys are so sensitive to all detergents. I found it on the first link but not the second.

It said this:
Sport-Wash
Residue Free
Note: Some burns and rashes have been reported by users of this detergent.

Glad it didn't happen to us. But, like I said, I do a follow-up rinse to make sure as much as possible it out of the materials!
Im totally paranoid of detergents since Country save of all things gives me dd an awful almost instantaneous rash, it is the weirdest thing.

The second link has a different picture but it says sport wash so I don't know...

It says this:

Sportwash*


Personal Note: This detergent works well for many people. However some babies will develop severe rash to this detergent. The manufacturer has been reluctant to investigate what could cause these problems.

If you keep using it keep us updated to how it keeps working for you! I would love to find a detergent that works for us that is not premeasured. (I use Dropps right now)
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #15
sarahannecloud9's Avatar
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crossville, Tn (Pleasant Hill)
Posts: 11,134
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Im totally paranoid of detergents since Country save of all things gives me dd an awful almost instantaneous rash, it is the weirdest thing.

The second link has a different picture but it says sport wash so I don't know...

It says this:

Sportwash*


Personal Note: This detergent works well for many people. However some babies will develop severe rash to this detergent. The manufacturer has been reluctant to investigate what could cause these problems.

If you keep using it keep us updated to how it keeps working for you! I would love to find a detergent that works for us that is not premeasured. (I use Dropps right now)
I actually just used it to strip the dipes since they were so nasty from the camping trip. Also, I had to use a sposie becaus I couldn't find the dipes when we first got to the site so I used loads of rash cream and I know the fleece liners didn't compleatly cover the dipe where I had smeared it everywhere. I wouldn't use it on a reg basis. Prob to expensive to do it that way. I love the drops so far!
I do however use Method veg oil base fab softner so I think using this product about once a month might be nice. I havn't had any repelling issues, just as a precaution, kwim?
__________________
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,852
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I actually just used it to strip the dipes since they were so nasty from the camping trip. Also, I had to use a sposie becaus I couldn't find the dipes when we first got to the site so I used loads of rash cream and I know the fleece liners didn't compleatly cover the dipe where I had smeared it everywhere. I wouldn't use it on a reg basis. Prob to expensive to do it that way. I love the drops so far!
I do however use Method veg oil base fab softner so I think using this product about once a month might be nice. I havn't had any repelling issues, just as a precaution, kwim?
Hmmm I have a hard time getting fleece liners completely clean, maybe I will have to check some out for that. Thanks!
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #17
jaelynsmommy61607's Avatar
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Everett,WA
Posts: 7,494
http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1235757

It does work and its better than dawn. It isn't as harsh.

Sent from my EVO using DS Forum
__________________
Jessica-Mommy
Jaelyn(6-16-07) & Dominic (2-4-10)
HBA2C Damian(6-19-12)
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #18
KimA's Avatar
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,979
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

I couldn't find it in any of our local Walmarts. I carry it in my store though and am working on getting a better price on it! LOL
__________________
Wife to A mama to DS (96) DD (07), proud surro mom (10), & DD (12)
Missing my younger sister Ashley RIP 7/26/07 and our Booda RIP 5/3/09 everyday
NH's only dedicated cloth diaper retail store! All of our in stock diapers are prepped! www.petitebottoms.com
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #19
sarahannecloud9's Avatar
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crossville, Tn (Pleasant Hill)
Posts: 11,134
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
I couldn't find it in any of our local Walmarts. I carry it in my store though and am working on getting a better price on it! LOL
I have just as hard of a time finding dropps, lol! Had to place an order at walgreens!!

I bet you could ask for a special order. Then you could stock up on the large bottles for the store, just a thought1
__________________
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #20
sarahannecloud9's Avatar
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crossville, Tn (Pleasant Hill)
Posts: 11,134
My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

bumping for a cpl momas
__________________
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.