Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: This is what sport wash looks like PIC **Walmart**CHEAP**

Might have to get some of this next time I am at Walmart. I have some pockets I got ffs that were used with diaper cream and do not absorb. I have cut a few of the inners out and just made covers.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I have never tried it because I have read on the web in various places that it has caused severe rash on some babies. Too bad because its cheap and somewhat readily available!

That is awesome that it works for you!

http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-chart.html

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.co...entchoices.htm
Most detergents run that risk IMHO for us. I just follow all washes with an extra quick rinse. I have to do this no matter what we use because my boys are so sensitive to all detergents. I found it on the first link but not the second.

It said this:
Sport-Wash
Residue Free
Note: Some burns and rashes have been reported by users of this detergent.

Glad it didn't happen to us. But, like I said, I do a follow-up rinse to make sure as much as possible it out of the materials!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming butterfly View Post
Might have to get some of this next time I am at Walmart. I have some pockets I got ffs that were used with diaper cream and do not absorb. I have cut a few of the inners out and just made covers.
For handwashing it suggests soaking for 30 min. Also, you only need 1/2 oz per gallon of water. Rinse well.

Good luck!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Most detergents run that risk IMHO for us. I just follow all washes with an extra quick rinse. I have to do this no matter what we use because my boys are so sensitive to all detergents. I found it on the first link but not the second.

It said this:
Sport-Wash
Residue Free
Note: Some burns and rashes have been reported by users of this detergent.

Glad it didn't happen to us. But, like I said, I do a follow-up rinse to make sure as much as possible it out of the materials!
Im totally paranoid of detergents since Country save of all things gives me dd an awful almost instantaneous rash, it is the weirdest thing.

The second link has a different picture but it says sport wash so I don't know...

It says this:

Sportwash*

Personal Note: This detergent works well for many people. However some babies will develop severe rash to this detergent. The manufacturer has been reluctant to investigate what could cause these problems.

If you keep using it keep us updated to how it keeps working for you! I would love to find a detergent that works for us that is not premeasured. (I use Dropps right now)
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #15
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Im totally paranoid of detergents since Country save of all things gives me dd an awful almost instantaneous rash, it is the weirdest thing.

The second link has a different picture but it says sport wash so I don't know...

It says this:

Sportwash*

Personal Note: This detergent works well for many people. However some babies will develop severe rash to this detergent. The manufacturer has been reluctant to investigate what could cause these problems.

If you keep using it keep us updated to how it keeps working for you! I would love to find a detergent that works for us that is not premeasured. (I use Dropps right now)
I actually just used it to strip the dipes since they were so nasty from the camping trip. Also, I had to use a sposie becaus I couldn't find the dipes when we first got to the site so I used loads of rash cream and I know the fleece liners didn't compleatly cover the dipe where I had smeared it everywhere. I wouldn't use it on a reg basis. Prob to expensive to do it that way. I love the drops so far!
I do however use Method veg oil base fab softner so I think using this product about once a month might be nice. I havn't had any repelling issues, just as a precaution, kwim?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I actually just used it to strip the dipes since they were so nasty from the camping trip. Also, I had to use a sposie becaus I couldn't find the dipes when we first got to the site so I used loads of rash cream and I know the fleece liners didn't compleatly cover the dipe where I had smeared it everywhere. I wouldn't use it on a reg basis. Prob to expensive to do it that way. I love the drops so far!
I do however use Method veg oil base fab softner so I think using this product about once a month might be nice. I havn't had any repelling issues, just as a precaution, kwim?
Hmmm I have a hard time getting fleece liners completely clean, maybe I will have to check some out for that. Thanks!
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #17
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1235757

It does work and its better than dawn. It isn't as harsh.

Sent from my EVO using DS Forum
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #18
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't find it in any of our local Walmarts. I carry it in my store though and am working on getting a better price on it! LOL
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #19
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
I couldn't find it in any of our local Walmarts. I carry it in my store though and am working on getting a better price on it! LOL
I have just as hard of a time finding dropps, lol! Had to place an order at walgreens!!

I bet you could ask for a special order. Then you could stock up on the large bottles for the store, just a thought1
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #20
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bumping for a cpl momas